Autohop without PTAT?

patmurphey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
I had my garage roof repaired and didn't have a signal Tuesday night on 61.5 for the NY HD locals - no PTAT. I set up a timer for "Dancing With the Stars" for my wife on WABC SD from 119 so that she wouldn't miss an episode. Surprise, surprise, that SD non PTAT recording had functioning Autohop.
:popcorn

(I have an odd setup with separate dishes for 61.5, 72.7, and an old 110/119, due to line of sight issues.)

I only have SD locals and I can use autohop on Prime Time shows I manually record, but I can't use PTAT to record all prime time shows automatically. Also, my SD locals weren't on the list for being able to use PTAT.

Not a PTAT issue. Just noting that Autohop was available on a 119 CONUS SD New York local station, WABC. I'm in the New York DMA with PTAT on the 61.5 HD spot beam. I came across it by accident because my 61.5 dish was mis-aimed for a day due to roof repair.

bwexler
I too have DNS but am not seeing any Autohop programs. Do you have PTAT turned on even though you can receive?

bwexler
I too have DNS but am not seeing any Autohop programs. Do you have PTAT turned on even though you can receive?

Yes I do have PTAT turned on even though it doesn't work it does seem to enable autohop. Autohp don't work every time I say yes to the prompt, but when it does it is really nice.
We found it by accident when I was not home and the boss was pushing buttons randomly.

I turned on PTAT and some of the recordings I already had gained the red kangaroo and the Autohop worked on replay.

Yeah, as long as you have PTAT enabled you get AutoHop on the relevant networks, even for shows that weren't recorded BY PTAT.

Since PTAT has been buggy for me, I have it enabled for one evening when we DON'T care about anything that's on (Saturday). For the shows during the week we DO care about, we just use regular timers, no PTAT. The result is we get AutoHop for all our network programming without the risk of PTAT borking things up.

(My wife loves PTAT in theory, but doesn't trust it enough)

Yeah, as long as you have PTAT enabled you get AutoHop on the relevant networks, even for shows that weren't recorded BY PTAT...

Right. What is interesting is that I got it on a New York SD local from a different satellite and transponder than my normal PTAT HD locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)