Autopay question

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
Quick question. What happens if I manually pay my bill before the auto pay hits? Will Dish still auto charge me?

I'd like to use a different credit card just this month.

Thanks.

I think if you do it at least 3 days ahead of time to allow the system to catch up and recognize that you paid, then it should adjust the autopay amount to the remaining balance, if any. But don't quote me on that.

Payments are sent to the bank 7 days in advance of a payment. Even if it is paid after it is sent to the bank the original charge will still go through.

Payments are sent to the bank 7 days in advance of a payment. Even if it is paid after it is sent to the bank the original charge will still go through.

What if your autopay is set to use a credit or debit card? If payment was asked for a full week in advance by that method then the charge would show up a week early as well, would it not?

If your on autopay look at your previous bank statements and that will indicate the exact day of the month they take it out every month.

Generally it's supposed to be debited 5-7 days before the due date.

If you made another payment in the payment cycle, it should only charge the balance on the account.

The only thing I don't know Is if you make an extra payment and are scheduled for autopay, how many days lead time does the system require to see the payment so it can adjust the amount being debuted.

Can't tell you 100%, but if you know the day they take the payment out, give it about 7 days prior you should be able to make a payment to have the autopay charge only the difference.

didn't want to create a new thread over one simple question. i'm in the process of moving my folks to dish and was wondering if i accepted autopay now, could i remove it within a month or two? if so would there be an additional fee for removing autopay? my parents are paranoid when it comes to this and i've never been able to convince them to put ANYTHING on auto payments. your input is appreciated :)

Rey

sure you can remove auto pay for no penalty
now if you agreed to say free hd for life (which requires auto pay) and you dropped it then they probably would bill you (err your folks) for it

didn't want to create a new thread over one simple question. i'm in the process of moving my folks to dish and was wondering if i accepted autopay now, could i remove it within a month or two? if so would there be an additional fee for removing autopay? my parents are paranoid when it comes to this and i've never been able to convince them to put ANYTHING on auto payments. your input is appreciated :)

Rey

New customers would forfiet 2 benefits if they cancel Autopay w/Paperless Billing. $10 HD Free for Life and any of the remaining 1st year $10 Online Bonus Credits.

It's definitely a little screwy. You'd think you should be able to change just the expiration date of the card on file, since they're only good for a few years. But even keeping the same card number requires payment of what they think is your current balance. I just got a new card since the current one is expiring in May. I purposely waited until the day I got the "Your DISH payment has been received" email to go into mydish account and change to the new expiration date. They still wanted a small payment. I'm guessing it's because I added HBO a couple of weeks ago, but still seems strange.

And you have to "do it twice."

When I was issued a new card due to the old one being compromised, I entered it into Dish after they sent me a "credit card declined" notice. I hadn't even rec'd the new card at the time I got that notice. Yet the following month I got notice my card was declined, again. I had to re enter the new card, delete the old card and set autopay to the new card. Not obvious that you need to do this or how. I had to call.

I hope this doesn't negatively affect my promotional price should I move to HWS.

well i've convinced my dad at least to do the autopay. told him a little about the hopper with sling,just hope nothing ever really happens or i'll never hear the end of it. overall the experience with dish autopay for you guys is positive? i've never had an issue with directv and before i left dish i believe i had it with them and never had an issue either.

well i've convinced my dad at least to do the autopay. told him a little about the hopper with sling,just hope nothing ever really happens or i'll never hear the end of it. overall the experience with dish autopay for you guys is positive? i've never had an issue with directv and before i left dish i believe i had it with them and never had an issue either.

I have had no issues with autopay

Because DISH bills a month in advance, If he accepts any of the "free for 3 mos." promos (premium Channels or BB@Home) he may see a charge for those services (up to $55) in month 3. If those services are canceled at the 3 month mark the charges should get credited back on the next bill.

About the only complaints I have, or get, about Autopay is when the above scenario occurs. It all evens out in the end but can be a shock if your not expecting it.

thanks guys! he's ready to go! hopper with sling and one joey plus americas top 250.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)