Aux button on Remote to turn of TV

asd108

Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
When I first got my remote, I had programmed my remote to control the TV. A nice bonus was that when I pressed the Aux button, it turned off the TV even if I was on "Sat" on the remote. I like that functionally since I did not have to switch between "Sat" and "TV" just to turn on and off my TV.

I programmed my AUX button recently and lost the above function. I would like to remove the programming on the AUX button and go back to where it would just turn on and off my TV

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Andy

Why not just program the AUX button to operate your TV also (as if it were a second TV)? If I recall correctly, the AUX program requires four digits: the first digit will be "0" for a TV device, then the remaining three are your TV's code.

What I want is for the TV to go off with a one button press -by just pressing the Aux button, rather that having to first press TV and then power and then having to press Sat again to control the receiver

Thanks for further comments

OK. In understand what you are after, but I don't recall any instructions for restoring the remote to its original mode. Have you tried something simple like setting the AUX code to 0-0-0-0, with hopes that this might do it?

The remotes I have have a small TV button below the larger red button that is used for SAT, TV options, VCR and AUX. Just pressing that red tv button turns it on or off without having to press another button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts