Aux input adapter

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Well, I just ordered the aux input adapter for my car. I still have the factory radio in my 2003 Corolla. The one I ordered is from P.I.E.

Has anyone else used this product for their vehicle? I'm getting it so I can directly connect my Sirius PnP to my car radio. I'm getting tired of the FM Modulation and I want it to sound better too. :)

I have the PIE GM-AUX 9 in my Avalanche and it works great. I use it to send the output of my XMCommander directly to the aux jack of my factory HU. It sound 10 times better than the commanders built in FM Modulator.

I got it installed today. I will have pics soon. I had to take the center part of my dash completely apart to do this. Sounds NICE!!

OKay, I have the pics of my aux adapter install. Took me about an hour total to do this.

Attachments

• aux2.jpg
    aux2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 277
  • auxinstall1.jpg
    auxinstall1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 278
  • auxinstall2.jpg
    auxinstall2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 272
  • auxnstall3.jpg
    auxnstall3.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 282
  • auxnstall4.jpg
    auxnstall4.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 281
Ok, how did you get it to work so easily with the JVC PnP? I have been trying to hook mine up to a 05 Passat cd aux input in the trunk without any success... Does anyone have suggestions?

thanks

Well, the aux input adapter turns your CD changer port on the back of the factory radio into an aux input. You then hook an RCA to headphone cable from the aux input to the audio out port on the back of the car kit. Then you turn off FM modulation in the menu.

For your case have you tried cycling through the CDs on yours? Mine I have to hit the CD button to change from CD to aux input.

What CD changer do you have?

I have not been able to get the Monsoon head unit to recognize the 'cd changer' via the aux input.... perhaps i just need to change from fm modulation....

i hope so because i think this will sound so sweeeeeet! :)

What model CD changer is it? Are you sure that's not for preamp output?

There is a pre-wired connection for a cd changer in the trunk of the car. They have told me that all i need to do is get the unit and plug it in and the HU will acknowledge it...

The HU is the factory Monsoon unit with the aux cd changer input to the trunk. I got a PIE adaptor for the unit, but argh it isnt working!!! Can you tell that i am frustrated with this!

The bad thing is that I had no problems doing the install in my Truck with a new HU and hard wiring the unit....

Problem solved....well at least a bit

I found out today that the problem with the PIE aux input is in the wiring harness or the HU of the car.... And the dealership thought that I was just another dumb female driver..... The service guy tried to tell me that I did not have the correct setup (he could not find the outlet plug from the back of the JVC PnP to the RCA inputs) and was trying to tell me that I needed to use the FM mod.... Yes, you do have the right set up and NO it is not working correctly!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)