AV Switch for H20 and HR10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tknopf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Wausau, Wisconsin
I am new to the concept of an AV Switch. If I'm understanding things correctly, this would allow me to hook up multiple cables even though my Sony AV Receiver and my Mitsubishi HD TV have limited inputs for component connections, HDMI, and optical audio connections from my two HD DVRs. Does this switch know when to change or does it have to be done manually? Does anybody have any suggestions for a good, entry to mid level switch? I've done a bit of research online, but have always found people on this site be be the most knowledgeable. Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

I tried a Radio Shack version (composite/s-video only), which worked by sensing which input was active. I returned it when I discovered that not all devices completely turned off their output when turned off. Or the AV switch still detected something on the input. So, the switch wouldn't work as advertised. They may be better now.

If you only need HDMI, try the 5x1 HDMI switch from monoprice.com ($90). It has an IR remote to switch between the inputs. Works great with HR20, H20, & hdmi dvd player feeding a tv with only 1 hd input. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)