AV700 to AV700E via Firmware?

jrfuda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
San Antonio, TX, USA
First off, if y'all think this is hack talk, please just delete it without punishing me, I think it's a legitimate question...

I have an AV700 and the AV700E firmware is freely available for download. Does anyone know if AV700E firmware can be loaded on an AV700 in turn, making it an AV700E? I'm tempted to try, but don't want to ruin my AV700.

Had I known they were so similair when I bought them, I'd of spent the ectra $20 to begin with and just bought the AV700E, but I did not know. 95% of my use will be for converted DVDs, mp3/wma's and photos (I'm taking it with me on a deployment), but the ability to easily transfer some shows from my VIP-622 would be nice too... So i bought it not realizing that it was almost the same thing as a pocketdish, I was merely shoppinh for a portable media player.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I'm looking for the same answer too. I suspect it is not... Maybe the functionality difference is in the docking pod. I understand it has to do with the USB connection to the 622. You can still record to the AV700 but you have to do so in real time via standard audio/video cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts