Availability?

deathopie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
How's the flow of receivers going. Is Dish still sending out a steady supply? Time for an update please from those in the know. ;)

got mine after one week on a dallas area retailer waiting list. word they gave me is that the dealers getting the receivers are the ones who have the best relationships with the distributors/reps. the 'big' dealers don't neccessarily come first - my 921 came from a very small dealer. good luck.

It looks like dish slowed down (maybe stopped) the 921s once everyone started having to send theirs in for the blue line repairs. It makes you wonder if the assembly facility had to stop assembling and start repairing. Maybe it generated a shortage of the card they are replacing to fix the blue line problem.

mike123abc said:
It looks like dish slowed down (maybe stopped) the 921s once everyone started having to send theirs in for the blue line repairs. It makes you wonder if the assembly facility had to stop assembling and start repairing. Maybe it generated a shortage of the card they are replacing to fix the blue line problem.

We haven't received any in a week also. :no

The warehouse just isn't getting any in.

mike123abc said:

Or they had to do a design mod to deal with the blue line probem. Or, they need to pull all their Finished Goods inventory and check them for the problem.

I just sent in my 921 to be fixed yesterday. Over on dbstalk, those who've gotten their's back say the problem is fixed.

guys sorry but i sold both units to gentleman on this board in about 1 hour. i do get these in on a regular basis and i have a returned 921 coming in cust. never used it never activated it. should be here friday. let me know if you would like that unit. normally all i sell is new. thanks. richard

satdish said:
guys sorry but i sold both units to gentleman on this board in about 1 hour. i do get these in on a regular basis and i have a returned 921 coming in cust. never used it never activated it. should be here friday. let me know if you would like that unit. normally all i sell is new. thanks. richard

Richard,

How regular is 'regular'? We have over 60 on backorder, but haven't been able to get Echosphere Dallas to send us any in over a week. I'm just wondering if you're getting them from the same place as I am. Even our other distributor hasn't had any available at all.

Justin

I was on two dealers' waiting lists since december, and finally found mine by going to a local dealer somewhere else (ie: in another state) who got one for me last friday (he got 12, but they're all gone now). Took a couple days to ship, but saved on state sales tax. They are still hitting dealers, but certainly not a flood.

I called all the dealers in my area and all said about a 3 week delay before they get any more in.

Scott's reporting on dbstalk that he heard from Echostar that they're on "QA Hold".

My guess is it relates to the "blue line" hardware bug. If we all have to ship our 921's to that UPS Store in Colorado, they're not going to make any money selling them.

So, is there any updates on when we can can see more 921's? Since I am a new customer to E*, I am stuck with *no* tv untill the 921 arrives unless I pay full price. :mad:

PhoenixRevived,

A buddy of mine got E* about a month ago. He wanted an 811, but they were in short supply then. He made the installer give him a 311 (or whatever the cheapie receiver is called) as a loaner until the 811s were available. Your installer should be able to do something similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)