Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
While it may take me a while to get used to the format change of having the avatars next to the thread titles, I do notice one thing missing that I don't see anymore...the icon next to each thread indicating which threads I have posted in. I really would like that back. :)

You can see which threads you have posted in. Your avatar will show up in the lower right corner of the large avatar (in your case a generic head). Took me a bit to figure it out. I personally dislike the change, but I will try to get used to it. I am turning into a fuddy-duddy.

You can see which threads you have posted in. Your avatar will show up in the lower right corner of the large avatar (in your case a generic head). Took me a bit to figure it out. I personally dislike the change, but I will try to get used to it. I am turning into a fuddy-duddy.

That's exactly where I am. I had an initial knee jerk reaction, but decided to give it a fair shot for a week. I still don't really like it, but I find I can live with it.

Remember you can turn off this feature in your settings. :)

We are almost like Burger King here where you "can have it your way!" :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I know I can turn it off, but I am giving it a chance. There is obviously something you see in the feature, so I figure I'll try and figure out what that is.

I think it gives the site a more personal feel then just a generic vBulletin. And I like that we can feature members avatars who have contributed a new thread here to SatelliteGuys. :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

I thought it was unnecessary to have any graphic there in the first place, from a performance and bandwidth standpoint.
However, after the change to the avatars, I seem to notice a streamlining of the look on the pages.
So, while I am generally against change just for change-sake, this one seems okay. - :up

....I do notice one thing missing that I don't see anymore...the icon next to each thread indicating which threads I have posted in.
Yea, I was looking for that too when I noticed a sub-icon of myself.
What's particularly disturbing, is when you post into a thread you started and see two images of your icon.
Laughably redundant. ;)

Last edited:
Well it's a "Turn Off" for me. Would be acceptable, but the avatars at that size are mostly unrecognizable to me, I have a 25.5" monitor at 1920X1200.
The little sub-icon is almost invisible against some icons. That makes it hard to quickly surf for old posts that I have posted in. Sorry, this doesn't work for me.

A lot of avatars are barely distinguishable at full size.
Making them smaller certainly doesn't do anything to help. ;)
Try a picture with better contrast and lighting.
Note the ones on the forum which still look good at the reduced size, for ideas.

PS: I'm on a modest 1024x768, 15" laptop display.

Last edited:
I turned it back on AND got my green arrow back. ;)

Scott, you need to assign an avatar to the bot(s) such as the uplink thing. It looks bad with a nonexistent picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)