• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
While it may take me a while to get used to the format change of having the avatars next to the thread titles, I do notice one thing missing that I don't see anymore...the icon next to each thread indicating which threads I have posted in. I really would like that back. :)

You can see which threads you have posted in. Your avatar will show up in the lower right corner of the large avatar (in your case a generic head). Took me a bit to figure it out. I personally dislike the change, but I will try to get used to it. I am turning into a fuddy-duddy.

You can see which threads you have posted in. Your avatar will show up in the lower right corner of the large avatar (in your case a generic head). Took me a bit to figure it out. I personally dislike the change, but I will try to get used to it. I am turning into a fuddy-duddy.

That's exactly where I am. I had an initial knee jerk reaction, but decided to give it a fair shot for a week. I still don't really like it, but I find I can live with it.

Remember you can turn off this feature in your settings. :)

We are almost like Burger King here where you "can have it your way!" :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I know I can turn it off, but I am giving it a chance. There is obviously something you see in the feature, so I figure I'll try and figure out what that is.

I think it gives the site a more personal feel then just a generic vBulletin. And I like that we can feature members avatars who have contributed a new thread here to SatelliteGuys. :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

I thought it was unnecessary to have any graphic there in the first place, from a performance and bandwidth standpoint.
However, after the change to the avatars, I seem to notice a streamlining of the look on the pages.
So, while I am generally against change just for change-sake, this one seems okay. - :up

....I do notice one thing missing that I don't see anymore...the icon next to each thread indicating which threads I have posted in.
Yea, I was looking for that too when I noticed a sub-icon of myself.
What's particularly disturbing, is when you post into a thread you started and see two images of your icon.
Laughably redundant. ;)

Last edited:
Well it's a "Turn Off" for me. Would be acceptable, but the avatars at that size are mostly unrecognizable to me, I have a 25.5" monitor at 1920X1200.
The little sub-icon is almost invisible against some icons. That makes it hard to quickly surf for old posts that I have posted in. Sorry, this doesn't work for me.

A lot of avatars are barely distinguishable at full size.
Making them smaller certainly doesn't do anything to help. ;)
Try a picture with better contrast and lighting.
Note the ones on the forum which still look good at the reduced size, for ideas.

PS: I'm on a modest 1024x768, 15" laptop display.

Last edited:
I turned it back on AND got my green arrow back. ;)

Scott, you need to assign an avatar to the bot(s) such as the uplink thing. It looks bad with a nonexistent picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)