Status
Not open for further replies.
OK that was pretty strange. I was looking at the member list. I was looking at the properties of avatars, both seen and unseen, looking for a correlation. All of a sudden the page changes.. browsertopnew.com and it says. Welcome to Nginx if you see this page, the Nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration required.
Online documentation at nginx.org and commercial support at nginx.com
Some of your code get loose Scott? ;)

Ok guys... I finally saw it myself... but it required me to subscribe to a vpn service and see it and test from different locations.

I found that the Dallas based CDN is having issues (which I have reported to the CDN company) That server covers a big chunk of the US, and when testing I found out that states like MN, MT and others were coming off that server.

I have hardcoded things so that for the time being avatars are not being served from the cloud server but from our main SatelliteGuys server, this means you should be seeing all the avatars again.

I have also hard coded the html files that are used to serve the iframes for ads on SatelliteGuys as well, so they too are loading directly from the server instead of the cloud server.

Please let me know if you see any more issues. Sorry for the delay in fixing this... I got the smart idea last night to get VPN service so I could test from around the country and see if I could pinpoint the issue. :)

Reactions: Magic Static
I'm seeing most but for example I don't see magic static's avatar.

Got it!! On the Android app it shows a smiley guy with a punched out eye. :)

Everything working as planned :) The speed has been great! Real fast when browsing as a guest also. Half the time I don't even realize I have been logged off. :)

I seem to be having a lot of trouble surfing the site today. It's slowed up and I'm missing avatars again. Several times I couldn't load a new page. At times the site is unavailable. It's being intermittent for the last few hours.

BTW.. up until they are done you might want to try using a different browser than IE until they are done. (If you can)

Seems like the issues are only with people using IE.

The site seems to be running smooth but I'm missing more avatars now than ever before.

The CDN company said they fixed the issue, they said it was due to IE not honoring the expires date on the images that was causing the issue.

I just turned off the CDN again. You should see the avatars now.

not sure if this will help troubleshoot. my avatar displays when using IE 11 on the desktop. but when I use the IE 11 app in windows 8.1 all I see is the blue square with the black x in it.

not sure if this will help troubleshoot. my avatar displays when using IE 11 on the desktop. but when I use the IE 11 app in windows 8.1 all I see is the blue square with the black x in it.
I figured it out. problem on my end. had to delete saved form data in IE 11 windows 8.1 app. refreshed site and my avatar displays now :)

Reactions: Magic Static
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts