Avoid receiver lease fee?

I had to give up my annual sub when I switched to HD in order to get all the special pricing. The annual sub made sense when I owned all my own equipment and only got charged $5 per month for an additional receiver. There were no DVR fees because I had a 501, 508 and 721.

No one from DISH has ever said the annual sub is the reason for the fee. Even the executive offices basically said "because you're a long time, valued customer I'll remove the fee" last year when giving the credit. If going monthly would get rid of it I can probably talk her into that. I think she pays annually more for the convenience of it that any perceived savings. Maybe autopay is the way to go if she doesn't want to write a check every month.

DirecTV is sounding good for her though. I doubt DISH will ever get her locals (Springfield MA DMA) as I've never heard them mentioned. Dtv just added them in HD. All American Direct is up to $12.99 a month IIRC, so just the savings on networks would help. I'm sure she won't be thrilled to have to learn new channel numbers, but that's probably the only downsde.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts