Awesome tropo locals coming in tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's awesome!! Whats your antenna setup?? Love to know!! Thanks, Andy

Nothing too exotic. RCA ANT751R antenna on a J-pole mounted at the apex of the roof (approx 18 feet up). RCA TVPRAMP1R pre-amp running behind it. Then, I split that signal using an RCA 10db amp, running one feed to my Dish Network 211k receiver and the other to an HD Homerun HDHR3-US.

I have to say, for a low-profile antenna (about 3 feet long), the RCA ANT751R is the best I've tried so far. I had an Xtreme Signal HDB91x briefly, and although it was almost 7 feet long, it didn't do nearly as well as the RCA.

As of right now, KCWI from Des Moines is coming in also. 246 miles away. Lots of DX activity tonight!!

Attachments

• IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2981.PNG
    IMG_2981.PNG
    131.7 KB · Views: 218
That's crazy! I'll never see anything like that here with all the buildings and mountains in the way. Heck, some of the locals within 20 miles are iffy sometimes...

On a regular day, is the RCA ANT751R a pretty good performer? I've been considering it since it's a lot smaller than the antenna I have now, and balcony space is very limited. There are a couple VHF-hi channels here, but we're only really concerned about UHF.

That's crazy! I'll never see anything like that here with all the buildings and mountains in the way. Heck, some of the locals within 20 miles are iffy sometimes...

On a regular day, is the RCA ANT751R a pretty good performer? I've been considering it since it's a lot smaller than the antenna I have now, and balcony space is very limited. There are a couple VHF-hi channels here, but we're only really concerned about UHF.

Yeah, it pulls in all the locals from Kansas City (50 miles away) at close to 100% all the time (with the preamp) so no complaints there.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: andy_horton