Awesome VIP211

The 211 needs more outputs. It only has one set of audio outs. I had to go buy splitters to feed the audio to my TiVo and to my Audio video receiver.

"I had to go buy splitters to feed the audio to my TiVo and to my Audio video receiver."

May I ask where you bought these? If I upgrade to the 211, I will need two sets of audio output and the 211 only has one.

RandallA said:
"I had to go buy splitters to feed the audio to my TiVo and to my Audio video receiver."

May I ask where you bought these? If I upgrade to the 211, I will need two sets of audio output and the 211 only has one.
You can get them at many different locations. I've purchased in the past from Radio Shack, Home Depot and most recently from Target. What you need is a 1 male to 2 female 'Y' cable. Here's a link to a Monster Cable although I personally wouldn't spend that much, but it's the only thing I could find on-line quickly.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Mons...16176/catOid/-12930/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I paid $3.99 each at Radio Shack. Walmart even sells them, but RatShack was closer. I bought three and even split the video and both audios. I do notice the sound level is low on the split outputs and I have to significantly turn the sound up or down when changing to a different output on my Yamaha audio video receiver.

jerryez said:
I paid $3.99 each at Radio Shack. Walmart even sells them, but RatShack was closer. I bought three and even split the video and both audios. I do notice the sound level is low on the split outputs and I have to significantly turn the sound up or down when changing to a different output on my Yamaha audio video receiver.

I'm surprised the video output is not lower (dimmer) also, video source impedance is 75 ohms and the two loads you've connected are also 75 ohms resulting in a 2:1 reduction.

You need a video distribution amplifier. Radio Shack has model 15-1172

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts