AZ mini Me questions

Hockeynut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Sat Farm in NC.
Have been following the threads about the mini me but I have not seen any discussion on its recording and play back capabilities.How does it do recording and playback of Hi Bitrate feeds? CBS on G19 and G28 the feeds with an sr of 29860?

Is recording by way of an internal HD or external?..USB or eSATA?.What is the largest HD that is compatible with the mini me?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I am using a minime with openpli mod firmware and record CBS Sunday morning every Sunday on a timer to a WD 120 gig usb hard drive. The recording is flawless. This is on the network feed.

Have been following the threads about the mini me but I have not seen any discussion on its recording and play back capabilities.How does it do recording and playback of Hi Bitrate feeds? CBS on G19 and G28 the feeds with an sr of 29860?

Is recording by way of an internal HD or external?..USB or eSATA?.What is the largest HD that is compatible with the mini me?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

The AzBox miniMe American Edition has no issues in recording or playback of high bitrate feeds. There is no space to add an internal HDD but you may use either a USB 2.0 or eSATA external disk in order to record content with eSATA having better performance than USB 2.0.

To ensure compatibility and best performance regardless of HDD brand, we don't recommend getting a disk larger than 2TB as you may have issues. In our test lab, we use a 1TB HDD with no issues using either USB 2.0 or eSATA.

Last edited:
The AzBox miniMe American Edition has no issues in recording or playback of high bitrate feeds. There is no space to add an internal HDD but you may use either a USB 2.0 or eSATA external disk in order to record content with eSATA having better performance than USB 2.0.

To ensure compatibility and best performance regardless of HDD brand, we don't recommend getting a disk larger than 2TB as you may have issues. In our test lab, we use a 1TB HDD with no issues using either USB 2.0 or eSATA.

Thanks guys...So the AZ mini me will record and play back the CBS feeds on G19 and G28 with a SR of 29860?..FEC 9/10..Yes or no please.

You have a test lab pwrsurge?..Like to see that!.

He's a mad scientist, and probably would give you a tour if you don't mind being suspended from a meat hook on a moving conveyor. Spooky, cool, huh ?
Oooh that is scary...say it aint so!!

Thing is if the mini me will handle the recordings I questioned then the rest of the issues can be dealt with...Kinda hard to find a box to do this..I should have bought a Me before Rick sold out but timing was not right.

Oooh that is scary...say it aint so!!

Thing is if the mini me will handle the recordings I questioned then the rest of the issues can be dealt with...Kinda hard to find a box to do this..I should have bought a Me before Rick sold out but timing was not right.

All sold out now? I have AzBox Me, but I have vowed not to buy any other AZBox product in the future unless it has a better support.

A few questions:

1) Would I be able to control the miniMe using a Slingbox 350?

2) I've recorded using the Openbox S9 and MicroHD, and I don't like that they both split the recordings into ~1gb .ts files. I've tried VideoRedo to combine the files into one but I end up losing a bunch of frames in the final result. There's another freeware .ts joiner program floating somewhere (can't recall the name) but like Videoredo I still end up with glitches/hiccups in the video at the point the files were split.

Are the AZbox miniMe recordings also split into chunks or is it one file?

It looks like minime is a dead box for good. my biggest loss in buying reputable stb.
while my old nfusion handle 2 motorized dishes, minime can move 1 ......from time to time !
it should be named azbox slolwbox...

It looks like minime is a dead box for good. my biggest loss in buying reputable stb.
while my old nfusion handle 2 motorized dishes, minime can move 1 ......from time to time !
it should be named azbox slolwbox...
So the MiniMe is a doorstop for you?...Sure hope you can figure it out...There is no other available stb that will do 4:2:2...Please elaborate! Your post is confusing to me lme.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts