AZ Ultra - hosed up after scanning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drboyddrboyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
US
OK, I finally got my dish up and aimed, and a couple hundred channels showed up.

However, now when I got to the TV menu to select a channel, they're all - every last one - grayed out.

When I go back to the setup menu to select a sat or do a blind scan on a sat, none of the sats I scanned previously are there. All I have is a handful of sats that are over India.

The dish also is not moving.

I tried rebooting - no help.

I get the feeling I've pushed the wrong button somewhere.

Anybody have any ideas?

PS: Firmware is 4690 version.

Last edited:
the exact same thing happend to me tonight also.

i spent hours trying to get a nice channel list working.

at least i'm not the only one

Be careful you don't have too MANY satellites in your list. Like if you take the sat list and ADD sats to it, and get over 255 (easy to do with the list that's in there already,BTW), it does not like that at ALL. :D

Other than that, dunno what to tell ya. :(

Well, I haven't tried the switch in back, although I don't have high hopes for that. If slash when that doesn't work, the next step is to re-flash it with the current firmware and scan all over a-freaking-gain.

Sigh.

the exact same thing happend to me tonight also.

i spent hours trying to get a nice channel list working.

at least i'm not the only one

Well, I haven't tried the switch in back, although I don't have high hopes for that. If slash when that doesn't work, the next step is to re-flash it with the current firmware and scan all over a-freaking-gain.

Sigh.

i am going to try to scan all the c-band sats from 55 to 139 this weekend. I'll share my channel list. I did manage to load only the sats from 55-139 c / ku / dbs and rename them to nice simple names. Then i made this the default channel list for when i factory reset.

I had the same problem with the Ultra, I ended formatting application area and reinstalling newest firmware(4829), and it seems fixed for now. It was deleting the sats list by itself before, every time I power down or reboot...

mines working too. FYI every time i tried using the newer firmware and the ultra with any channel editor or backing up via usb (doesn't work) or trying to create my own default list in /DISK1/DISK2_backup the thing would eventually get messed up (corrupt).

Solution: load latest firmware --> factory rest --> plug in usb keyboard and delete all but one satellite --> manually add my own sat --> blind scan --> save backup via FTP --> do it all again

being able to eventually watch every type of feed / channel format & blindscan S/S2 === 120% worth it and my troubles.

BTW: ultra blind scan might not be the fastest but it darn near finds everything

I went back to the 4177 (I think) firmware.

I also joined the AZBox facebook page and now I hard-@** them about their lame firmware all the time. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)