Azbox firmware recommendations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
My new AzBox Elite is on it's way to my mailbox! :eek: And I'm not one to wait around on something like the mailman before I start to get things rolling.

To all you AzBox people out there, is there a particular firmware version you would recommend, at this time? Or a list of firmwares in order of preference? Same goes for the channel editor.

Newest isn't always best. I realize the firmware is currently in beta. But I (and others) may as well start off with something more working than buggy.

Do not scan any channels until after you have loaded a newer firmware, the channel / sat lists are not compatible between all firmware versions.

Version 2880 is latest and requires it's own Editor, marked 2880

I use 2731 (I think it is) and works for me, with Editor 0.9.7

2880 has changes for Multiple Tuners, so if you plan on adding a second Tuner, if or when available, you may be best to go directly to 2880.
If you load 2731, then update to 2880, you will need to re-enter Switch and Motor Settings for each Sat.

Another vote for 2731. From what I have read on other forums, 2731 is the correct firmware for users in NA. The later firmware fixes some issues found in Europe. I have also read that loading 2880 adds some new bugs, regarding AC3 IIRC.

Joe

Most recent releases are bound for the euro scene anyhow, no effects here is the USA.

2880 has changes for Multiple Tuners, so if you plan on adding a second Tuner, if or when available, you may be best to go directly to 2880.

Speaking of multiple tuners.... if they ever become available.... I WAS assuming that I'd probably like to pick up an ATSC tuner, or, if they ever become available, something to tune the DN turbo-8psk (I know)...
However the more I think about it, if it would work, I think what would be MOST handy would be a second DVB-S2 tuner. With that, I could run Ku into one tuner, and C-band into the other tuner. It would be nice to be able to switch back and forth between C and Ku without the need for a switch. Before I had a diseqC switch out at the dish, I could switch between C and Ku using a 2x1 diseqC switch, however since I now have a 4x1 for Ku out at the dish, I can't do that anymore. I've tried using a 22KHz switch, but the switch I have doesn't seem to work for slaved signals where one of the lnbs is always powered. Ie I could switch to Ku channels if C-band wasn't connected, and could always switch to C-band, but if C-band is connected (it's always powered), then that leaks through and keeps me from locking anything on Ku.
Maybe getting a higher quality 22khz switch would work, but it seems like having 2 tuners would be the best solution. So I just hope that they make a DVB-S2 tuner available, and I hope the software will allow selecting a 2nd DVB-S2 tuner.

Another vote for 2731. From what I have read on other forums, 2731 is the correct firmware for users in NA. The later firmware fixes some issues found in Europe. I have also read that loading 2880 adds some new bugs, regarding AC3 IIRC.

Joe

Interesting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts