AZBOX HD ELITE $257.59

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zaxxon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Dinwiddie VA USA
Paypal is running an 8% off deal if you buy something. I jumped on an AZBOX HD Elite for $279.99 and got just over twenty two bucks off.

$257.59 is as cheap as I have seen the AZBOX HD:):angel:

SHALOM:up

Paypal is running an 8% off deal if you buy something. I jumped on an AZBOX HD Elite for $279.99 and got just over twenty two bucks off.

$257.59 is as cheap as I have seen the AZBOX HD:):angel:

SHALOM:up

when I got mine there was also an ebay discount earlier this year.. my cost was around $240 ish shipped

Just log on to ebay then look up AZBOX HD It will show you how to receive the unit with a discount The 8% discount should be on your home page at the bottom. I just did a copy paste with mine.

I'm not getting any such thing, but I suspect it's probably Bing Cashback. I was just wondering because if it wasn't, maybe it could be combined with it for a total 16% discount.

It's not important, I'm not ready to jump on the AZbox yet as I don't have a pressing need for it. Every time I think about getting one because I'd like to have a networked media player anyway, I remind myself that they haven't explicitly stated that it'll be able to do blind scanning with the existing tuner, not to mention haven't committed to a release date for blind scanning of any sort.

I'm not ready to jump on the AZbox yet as I don't have a pressing need for it. Every time I think about getting one because I'd like to have a networked media player anyway, I remind myself that they haven't explicitly stated that it'll be able to do blind scanning with the existing tuner, not to mention haven't committed to a release date for blind scanning of any sort.

Jim S.

Certainly the absence of blind scan capabilities has many folks turning their heads away from this receiver. However, I am appreciating all of this box's other amenities and I think many of us have been spoiled too much by the blind scan feature. I wish this box had it as that would make it top notch for me! But, I am not complaining too much. It is a doggone great receiver!

Despite the many quirks and bugs that still have yet to be worked out, I am very happy with mine. I wouldn't give it a 10, but it would be well above a 5. I wouldn't want a 5 or less. I suppose I would currently rate it at 7.8! The Coolsat 5K gets 8.2 and the Fortec Star Dynamic deserves at least an 8.0.

If you give the AZBox Premium Blind Scan capabilities, it would rate 8.4! Install a 500 GB or better HDD and increase the rating to 8.6. Put a second DVB-S2 tuner in it and I'd boost it to 8.8. Correct all the current bugs and I'd give it a 9.0!

A 10.0 would cook dinner and pop popcorn for me and play the movies I want to see via voice command and adjust the room lighting, too. :)

I am just making these number ratings up arbitrarily and off the cuff. I don't have an exact system of rating these boxes, just simply a gut reaction. I also use a logarithmic scale! So it takes a lot to reach the top.

RADAR

Last edited:
Hmmmm... Enlighten me, as I think I've missed something. I've never used a box that didn't have blind scan. So, when we say that the AZ doesn't have blind scan, what exactly do we mean? Is it just that it will only scan predefined transponder frequencies? Or is it that it will also only try predefined SR/FEC on those frequencies?

I think it is like a PC DVB card where you have to manually enter a transponder frequency and the symbol rate, or upload a list from a computer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts