Azbox help

jeff4242

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
i can not get any signal or quality ???????????????

i hook up a cw it plays 90% quality??? any ideas

thanks

Is it plugged in?

Funny you should ask that it was just not right i mean the lnb was not

More info please: What box? azbox elite

What firmware? don't know
What LNB? bcs621-2
Your skill level? well i am a rookie on euro stuff plug in and all

Yes, more info, please.
Sat setup settings, Sat, and Transponder attempting to Lock 91w cband 3720 cw

does anyone know the plug in to let it play videos from youtube??

thanks everyone

Well if you are in america I recommend that you lose the euro-US plug adapter and get a standard plug that will fit.

Download a current version from AZBox Snapshots and put it on a usb drive and install.

The bsc621 does C and KU. What kind of dish? Are you settings accurate in the Azbox?

Youtube works if you are hooked up to a network with a RJ45 cable.(recent firmware) No plugin needed.

Here is a tutorial created by member for basic stups:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/196733-updating-your-azbox-firmware-tutorial.html

Lock 91w cband 3720 cw
Keep in mind that you must do Manual PID entry for that TP

does anyone know the plug in to let it play videos from youtube??
Press the "Home" button, then use the Left / Right Arrow keys to scroll to You Tube

What LNB? bcs621-2
In the Sat's setup menu, what do you have entered for the LNB Freq and Switch Settings?

This one wont play unless you use the 22k on for kuband off for cband now it will play on auto
but changing lnbs don't work

settings for the 621-2 at least for C-Band should be 5150 LNB LO diseqc port 1

22khz on KU and off for cband

I think the bcs621-2 uses diseqc to switch between Ku and C and 22k to switch polarities as it is universal.

This one wont play unless you use the 22k on for kuband off for cband now it will play on auto
but changing lnbs don't work

I agree with ice and half agree with putney. Ie I think you use diseqC to switch between C and Ku, however the 22KHz isn't to switch polarity, it is used to switch the Ku LO freq from 9750 to 10600 .

So if you're not selecting diseqC switch position 1, then it is unknown what lnb you might be looking at.

BTW, there are some incorrect manuals floating around for these 2 LNBFs. Sadoun used to have links to manuals, and both links went to the same manual, even though one was switched via 22KHz and the other switched by diseqC. But basically, if you're using the version that has the universal Ku, then it does NOT use 22khz for selecting C vs Ku, since it's already using that for the Ku LO freq.

And with universal in the lnb freq it should play right????

it does not
so what do i have????

But when i go to 9750/10750 works every time well if the 22khz is on or in auto

And with universal in the lnb freq it should play right????

it does not
so what do i have????

But when i go to 9750/10750 works every time well if the 22khz is on or in auto

Depends on what you mean by "works every time well"?
If you're entering known freqs, and they lock, and scan in the expected channels, then that sounds like you have the bcs621-1, not the bcs621-2.
If you mean that you're doing a blind scan and it's scanning in freqs, but the freqs are off by 150MHz vs what you expect, then I'd say that it WAS a bcs621-2, but there was something wrong with the receiver's universal setting. If that's the case, I'd suggest just using the 10600 and 22hkz for Ku.

Are you using 5150 when trying to set up a C band sat? Can I assume that when you're trying to do C-band that you're setting up a separate C-band satellite, and not expecting the universal setting to somehow work for C and Ku on the same setup? Ie set up a G17-C-band and G17-Ku, and use the 5150 LO for the C-band? Just checking.

Also, what actually happens when you use the Universal setting that suggests it isn't working?

Don't know but it is off cband should have been 4000 30000 5/6 come out 3998 29252 5/6 it might have been just the receiver don't really know

and does a 9/10 hd receivers only?

First of all, ignore what I said above re blind scan, I had forgotten that you are using an Elite, however I'm confused by your response that sounds like you may have done a blind scan and came up with different SR, which isn't possible with an elite since you have to specify the SR.

Basically, you have me completely confused relative to what you are saying you are trying to do, how you have your lnbf connected (ie through switches or with one line, using the jumper on the lnbf, assuming it has that) what parameters you're entering or what you are saying happens. ?
I thought that you couldn't lock C-band, but now it sounds like you're saying it's working on C-band? Before when you said that "when i go to 9750/10750 works every time", I asked for what you mean by it works, and you tell me something about C-band, when the 9750/10750 only refers to Ku band, so I don't know what you are saying. Basically, the first step is to figure out which lnbf you have, and that requires info on what Ku transponders you are able to lock with what settings. If your lnbf is the universal version, which I think the -2 version is, then 22khz is used to switch from the low ku band to the high ku band. In the US, you're probably not going to find anything in the low band, so Ku wouldn't give you anything unless 22khz was on. If it IS the universal version, the Ku freqs would be off by 150 if you're using the 10750 setting. For C-band, you wouldn't use any of those settings, ie you'd use 5150, not universal or 9750/10750. If you have the universal lnbf, and you haven't selected a diseqC setting, it is unknown what port if any it would put you on.

Anyway, I think you need to say more about exactly what you're doing, what is working, what isn't working, what settings you're using when it works, what settings you're using when it doesn't work, what transponders you're trying to lock when it works and doesn't work, etc. I can't figure out what you're doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)