AMIKO amiko viper 4k combo help for a newbie please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pf2222

Original poster
Feb 26, 2023
Europe
Hello guys, (heh)

I bought an amiko recently and I'm wondering if the wifi inside it can be used to project my PC screen onto my TV (miracast).
Since I am completely new to linux and enigma2 system I need help figuring this out. I tried to type the IP I found on my PC network options but I could not establish a connection - with this I mean that my amiko didn't show up in the list of devices (on my pc) I could project my pc screen to.

I have here a few images and I'm hoping you could clarify to me whether or not this receiver can be used to screen cast or will I need to by an android box in the end?
If it can't be used for that, what is the wifi for then? AND what are some of these terms? could you brief me in on the advantages of using some of the options that my Amiko provides?

Thank you :)

PSA hosted at ImgBB

Hello guys, (heh)

I bought an amiko recently and I'm wondering if the wifi inside it can be used to project my PC screen onto my TV (miracast).
Since I am completely new to linux and enigma2 system I need help figuring this out. I tried to type the IP I found on my PC network options but I could not establish a connection - with this I mean that my amiko didn't show up in the list of devices (on my pc) I could project my pc screen to.

I have here a few images and I'm hoping you could clarify to me whether or not this receiver can be used to screen cast or will I need to by an android box in the end?
If it can't be used for that, what is the wifi for then? AND what are some of these terms? could you brief me in on the advantages of using some of the options that my Amiko provides?

Thank you :)

PSA hosted at ImgBB

Welcome to Satellite Guys! I have not use that receiver myself so can't comment on it however it appears to be Enigma 2. If so, they have a lot capabilities so it may be able to handle what you want. Hopefully someone more familiar with that particular unit knows for sure. Again, welcome! :)

Welcome to Satellite Guys! I have not use that receiver myself so can't comment on it however it appears to be Enigma 2. If so, they have a lot capabilities so it may be able to handle what you want. Hopefully someone more familiar with that particular unit knows for sure. Again, welcome! :)
Thanks! I found out that there seems to be a thing called DLNA/UPNP? Do you know more about that?
I have minidlna as an option listed on my receiver, however there are 3 issues ,first it says that the connectivity is unavailable 2nd if I try to do something it says there's no minidlna config, third if I try to autostart it it crashes. Although that seems logical if there's no configuration. But... where would that configuration be, and why isn't there any connectivity if the receiver recognizes my router..

Thanks! I found out that there seems to be a thing called DLNA/UPNP? Do you know more about that?
I have minidlna as an option listed on my receiver, however there are 3 issues ,first it says that the connectivity is unavailable 2nd if I try to do something it says there's no minidlna config, third if I try to autostart it it crashes. Although that seems logical if there's no configuration. But... where would that configuration be, and why isn't there any connectivity if the receiver recognizes my router..

I had an Amiko Mini HD SE quite a few years ago. Using the it's DLNA function I figured out how to push files to the receiver (not from it) using Linux, GUPnP AV Control Point and rygel. Also, another member here wrote a program called Sat2IP that could play streams of your channels from the receiver to a pc. It was written for Windows but I also had it running under Linux (with Wine).

Here is a link to my thread about Amiko DLNA and at the end is also a link to the Sat2IP thread. Not sure if any of this is relevant today with the current Amiko line of receivers but worth checking into though. :)