AZBox Me RTI Enigma 2 Version 1. 8 Setup

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I just got my AZBox Me, and had Fimwares RTI Enigma 2 ver.1.8 on boot(0) and AZtrino ver.1.6 on Boot(1) preloaded.
I was able to get the AZtrino ver.1.6 on Boot(1) working with my test Satellite (30.0°W) connected to a switch, but I need some help setting up the receiver using RTI Enigma 2 which is on Boot (0). I have tried both the Basic and Advanced Antenna Setup configurations without being able to see either Signal Strength or Signal Quality signals. For those of you that have the AZBox Me working, could point out what I need to do to get this going? If you could post screen shots of your setup, it would be highly appreciated. I plan to use this to run my KU Dish on a motor and my 2 fixed dishes. Secondly, do the firmwares, I listed above have issues handling DiseqC and 22khz switches. See my setup screen and let me know where I went wrong.

I also noted that the satellite list is mostly of European origin. What tools did you use to add the North American Satellites?

Attachments

• Setup scrn1a.JPG
    Setup scrn1a.JPG
    502.2 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Setup scrn2a.JPG
    Setup scrn2a.JPG
    477.1 KB · Views: 353
Use USALS in the Wizard setup but you have to set up the tuner by enabling the American set up. You can use 30W as reference sat. You dont need to see the signal strength because the set up is done automatically once you enter your co-ordinates. Once that has been done you can scan all the other satellites automatically. Normally the wizard is set up with 19.2E but just move it to 30W Hispanic and enable it on the tuner set up menu

Use USALS in the Wizard setup but you have to set up the tuner by enabling the American set up. You can use 30W as reference sat. You dont need to see the signal strength because the set up is done automatically once you enter your co-ordinates. Once that has been done you can scan all the other satellites automatically. Normally the wizard is set up with 19.2E but just move it to 30W Hispanic and enable it on the tuner set up menu
Thanks, Valasante. I have a motor and 2 fixed dishes. Are you using a DiseqC and 22KHz switch with your setup. I will check this out as soon as I get home.

I'm getting errors while trying to Setup motor positions (USALS) using RTI Enigma 2 ver.1.8. When I get to the "Tune" screen, an error appears as seen on the second picture. Anyone successfully used AzBox Me with a motor for KU birds before.

Attachments

• USAL_Tune2.JPG
    USAL_Tune2.JPG
    715.2 KB · Views: 302
  • USALS_Tune.JPG
    USALS_Tune.JPG
    383.2 KB · Views: 353
Yes, Thats what I am using now. Normally you dont touch the tune screen since it has been preset on the wizard for whatever satelite you choose so automatically all chosen satilites can be scanned
You only have to set the coordiantes and start manual scanning. Then change satellites and go to the next satellite

I have used a the "tune" feature with my Ultra and its very useful for peaking signal and it works although I have no experience with the ME. The green screen crash definitely means its a bug which you will need to submit if you want it to be addressed.

Yes, Thats what I am using now. Normally you dont touch the tune screen since it has been preset on the wizard for whatever satelite you choose so automatically all chosen satilites can be scanned
You only have to set the coordiantes and start manual scanning. Then change satellites and go to the next satellite
I will try it the way you suggested, but it shouldn't be crashing the way it does whenever I access that screen.

PS. You dont need to touch the positioner screen unless there is a problem. The positioning is done automatically some enigma2 images dont have it. Indeed is not mentioned in the manual and I have not touched it since I installed it because it creates pronlems. I have installed Spaze, RTI and OpenPLi without touching it. I suggest you reinstall using wizaed only.

I have used a the "tune" feature with my Ultra and its very useful for peaking signal and it works although I have no experience with the ME. The green screen crash definitely means its a bug which you will need to submit if you want it to be addressed.

Yep! I totally agree with you there.

Yes. Is a software problem. Incidentally I have VU+Duo whose original software did not have the positioner plugin so I had to drive the the motor with my Premium using its USALS untils I dicovered USALS was simpler and quicker because I did not have to "tune"

PS. You dont need to touch the positioner screen unless there is a problem. The positioning is done automatically some enigma2 images dont have it. Indeed is not mentioned in the manual and I have not touched it since I installed it because it creates pronlems. I have installed Spaze, RTI and OpenPLi without touching it. I suggest you reinstall using wizaed only.

Yes. Is a software problem. Incidentally I have VU+Duo whose original software did not have the positioner plugin so I had to drive the the motor with my Premium using its USALS untils I dicovered USALS was simpler and quicker because I did not have to "tune"

Thanks for the feedback.

I just got my AZBox Me, and had Fimwares RTI Enigma 2 ver.1.8 on boot(0) and AZtrino ver.1.6 on Boot(1) preloaded.
I was able to get the AZtrino ver.1.6 on Boot(1) working with my test Satellite (30.0°W) connected to a switch, but I need some help setting up the receiver using RTI Enigma 2 which is on Boot (0). I have tried both the Basic and Advanced Antenna Setup configurations without being able to see either Signal Strength or Signal Quality signals. For those of you that have the AZBox Me working, could point out what I need to do to get this going? If you could post screen shots of your setup, it would be highly appreciated. I plan to use this to run my KU Dish on a motor and my 2 fixed dishes. Secondly, do the firmwares, I listed above have issues handling DiseqC and 22khz switches. See my setup screen and let me know where I went wrong.

I also noted that the satellite list is mostly of European origin. What tools did you use to add the North American Satellites?

Hi Babadem. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new rcvr. I may be able to help. I have a Premium Plus and have tried multiple versions of E2. I haven't used E2 in a long while since it doesn't fit my needs so some of this is from memory. i've never used AZTrino either. My setup is simpler so I don't have a lot of experience with switches but I'm assuming you're using the 22khz to switch between C-band and Ku and using the diseq to switch between fixed and motorised ku. please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going to try to explain what the lines mean in your first post then you can figure out what to change to get it working. you might want to draw a diagram of your system on paper to figue out how to configure your Me to match your switch and motor configuration.

tone mode = 22khz on or off
Diseq mode = what version of diseq switch you have e.g. 1.0, 1.1
toneburst = committed or un-committed I think you want this to committed since you have a
22khz switch .... don't leave this at none
command order = what order the commands get sent in eg diseq first then 22khz or 22khz then diseq. This
will change whether you have the 22khz switch before the diseq or after.

As for satellite lists I downloaded a North American sat .xml sat file from here satellites.xml generator / transponder .ini generator and put it into the E2 etc/tuxbox folder using Maz 3.2. Then reboot the receiver.

Hopefully some of this info helps you. Good Luck.

Kevin

Last edited:
Hi Babadem. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new rcvr. I may be able to help. I have a Premium Plus and have tried multiple versions of E2. I haven't used E2 in a long while since it doesn't fit my needs so some of this is from memory. i've never used AZTrino either. My setup is simpler so I don't have a lot of experience with switches but I'm assuming you're using the 22khz to switch between C-band and Ku and using the diseq to switch between fixed and motorised ku. please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going to try to explain what the lines mean in your first post then you can figure out what to change to get it working. you might want to draw a diagram of your system on paper to figue out how to configure your Me to match your switch and motor configuration.

tone mode = 22khz on or off
Diseq mode = what version of diseq switch you have e.g. 1.0, 1.1
toneburst = committed or un-committed I think you want this to committed since you have a
22khz switch .... don't leave this at none
command order = what order the commands get sent in eg diseq first then 22khz or 22khz then diseq. This
will change whether you have the 22khz switch before the diseq or after.

As for satellite lists I downloaded a North American sat .xml sat file from here satellites.xml generator / transponder .ini generator and put it into the E2 etc/tuxbox folder using Maz 3.2. Then reboot the receiver.

Hopefully some of this info helps you. Good Luck.

Kevin
Thanks, Beavs2112 for your response. I have the motorized KU working on E2 using the simple configuration, (even though the blind scan is missing quite a few frequencies). My motorized KU+2 fixed dishes (1C-band & 1KU) don't seem to work with my DiseqC+22KHz switches when I do Advanced setup. The funny thing is the same setup.....switches and all works fine in AZtrino, S10 & Coolsat 5K. It's just the E2 that isn't working. Without setting up in the Advanced section of the E2, I wouldn't be able to operate the combined setup without physically swapping the cable when I want to watch a desire Satellite.
As for the DiseqC Mode, I using 1.2, without it the dish wouldn't move in the Advanced mode. DiseqC is a 4x1 from Sadoun and 22KHz Ecoda switch. As for the satellite list, I took care of that earlier.

@ the Red Highlighted: I never paid much attention until now you mentioned it. By saying Command order direction you mean signal coming from the Dish or going to the Dish? I will look into this further.

I meant the signal commands going TO the switches and motor and dish from the receiver. Ok if AZtrino is working for you on 30W with your equipment just boot into AZTRINO then copy down the antenna/switch config settings for 30W. That should tell you how to configure the Me to match your particulatr setup. Then reboot into E2 and make them the same.

Last edited:
I meant the signal commands going TO the switches and motor and dish from the receiver. Ok if AZtrino is working for you on 30W with your equipment just boot into AZTRINO then copy down the antenna/switch config settings for 30W. That should tell you how to configure the Me to match your particulatr setup. Then reboot into E2 and make them the same.
Thanks, Beavs2112, and how do you accomplish that?

Thanks, Beavs2112, and how do you accomplish that?

don't know. don't own a ME so I'm unfamiliar with the dual-boot process on it. I know on the premium plus you can dual-boot. OFW is in the main memory or from E2 on a USB stick.

When you first power up the ME does it ask you which image to run? ( example boot 0 or 1). If you're a member of AZBox's forum maybe someone there knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)