AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition v2.03 / v1.87 firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I need some feedback on 2.05 firmware. How stable is it with starting/rebooting issues. I am on OpenAtv 2.4 and the box is working awesome. The blindscan really doesn't work for standard ku lnb's. However, I can live without blindscan, as I only have a fixed dish on 97 right now. The box starts right up from deep/regular standby. It has never rebooted and channel changes are two seconds. Loving Enigma 2.

Scopus/Mark/Migold : would like to hear comments about 2.05 american firmware.

Thanks, Catamount

Reactions: N6BY and iBoston
I need some feedback on 2.05 firmware. How stable is it with starting/rebooting issues. I am on OpenAtv 2.4 and the box is working awesome. The blindscan really doesn't work for standard ku lnb's. However, I can live without blindscan, as I only have a fixed dish on 97 right now. The box starts right up from deep/regular standby. It has never rebooted and channel changes are two seconds. Loving Enigma 2.

Scopus/Mark/Migold : would like to hear comments about 2.05 american firmware.

Thanks, Catamount

I have been away but the week before my holiday, my box was working really well. I have had all the Azboxes in the past with various firmwares and now that AZbox Canada have reverted to kernel 3.3.1 this is a winner!! This to me is best of kernel of all that have been released. The reboot is running smooth, and really the only time I have used it is when a weak feed sometimes locks the box, but no issues to report. Blind scan seems to work well, the menus are slick, channel change can sometimes be a little slow but not really an issue for me. I have been testing it with Ka band here in the UK and it works really well. I have not yest been able to test everything, but for me this is the best firmware AXbox Canada have released and surely it can now only get better...........

Reactions: catamount
For what it's worth, I am not being told by a few different members that PwrSurge has decided he will not repair / replace anyone's boxes if they post here to SatelliteGuys. In addition he has asked from members to remove their posts here from SatelliteGuys before he will service or return their defective receivers.

If you have a problem with an AZbox and PwrTurd won't help you and wants you to remove your posts here, then I am sorry that you have wasted your money on an Azbox product, as we do not remove posts here at SatelliteGuys. This has always been our policy since day one and we have no plans on changing it.

If PwrSure is refusing to fix your hardware because you are posting here, then if I were you I would consider filing legal action against him for violating his own posted warranties on his AZbox products. Remember all Azbox Minis have a full 2 year warranty. There is nothing in the warranty that says your warranty is void if you post here (or anywhere else)

From my stand point, (my opinion) this make Serge Cormier even more of a liar and a cheat and I would personally recommend that you do not do business with AZbox, Dr Sat or any of the other fake company names he might use.

For all practical purposes AZbox the REAL company that made the AZbox is and has been out of business.for a few years now. The only place I know of now is coming from a guy who still has a few cases left in his basement that he is looking to get rid of. Its unfortunate that his support as of late has been bricking more boxes then fixing them, showing me he has no quality control whatsoever of the products and software updates he is putting out. Again it is my opinion that you stay far... far away from AZbox, PwrSurge etc unless you like burning your money.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Am glad the new kernel is working good for you. Been busy getting things ready to switch from Shaw Direct (10 years) to Fibre-op. Personally, I think I will stay with enigma2. One of the reasons I bought the box was I thought I could try various images on the second partition. Found out later everything was locked. I have very limited LOS here, otherwise I'd have a motor and would require a good blindscan. I've said before, the only issue was reboot/start with this box. The blindscan and menu's were working very nicely in my opinion.

Catamount

Reactions: scopus
In all fairness to PwrSurge, the latest firmware release is excellent! I cannot now find fault with this box. I have had this on constant test since my first 2 boxes arrived back from service. I have even got this working on Ka band over here and can honestly say out of all the receivers I have tried for sensitivity on Ka band the MiniMe is the best, even up against the Alien 3 the Minime comes out top. I now love my MiniMe!!

In all fairness to PwrSurge, the latest firmware release is excellent! I cannot now find fault with this box. I have had this on constant test since my first 2 boxes arrived back from service. I have even got this working on Ka band over here and can honestly say out of all the receivers I have tried for sensitivity on Ka band the MiniMe is the best, even up against the Alien 3 the Minime comes out top. I now love my MiniMe!!

What firmware are you running?

For what it's worth, I am not being told by a few different members that PwrSurge has decided he will not repair / replace anyone's boxes if they post here to SatelliteGuys. In addition he has asked from members to remove their posts here from SatelliteGuys before he will service or return their defective receivers.

If you have a problem with an AZbox and PwrTurd won't help you and wants you to remove your posts here, then I am sorry that you have wasted your money on an Azbox product, as we do not remove posts here at SatelliteGuys. This has always been our policy since day one and we have no plans on changing it.

If PwrSure is refusing to fix your hardware because you are posting here, then if I were you I would consider filing legal action against him for violating his own posted warranties on his AZbox products. Remember all Azbox Minis have a full 2 year warranty. There is nothing in the warranty that says your warranty is void if you post here (or anywhere else)

From my stand point, (my opinion) this make Serge Cormier even more of a liar and a cheat and I would personally recommend that you do not do business with AZbox, Dr Sat or any of the other fake company names he might use.

For all practical purposes AZbox the REAL company that made the AZbox is and has been out of business.for a few years now. The only place I know of now is coming from a guy who still has a few cases left in his basement that he is looking to get rid of. Its unfortunate that his support as of late has been bricking more boxes then fixing them, showing me he has no quality control whatsoever of the products and software updates he is putting out. Again it is my opinion that you stay far... far away from AZbox, PwrSurge etc unless you like burning your money.

Just for the record, I was the one that made the request to either delete or edit some of the posts I made on this thread as I now consider are a little bit over the top. What Scott said about PwrSurge refusing to repair or replace boxes if they post on SatelliteGuys is untrue as far as I'm concerned as both of my boxes were repaired under warranty even after posting here. I am unaware, personally, of anyone who has got refused to have their receiver repaired under the 2 year warranty period.

I have no complaints other than the time it took to dispatch my boxes back and the entire shipment cost to and from the UK was covered by AzBox Americas, perhaps I was a bit hasty in complaining!. I was unaware that it is against forum rules for members to request getting some or all of their posts edited or removed.

I am aware that some people on here are jealous of AzBox and it is certainly understandable as no other receiver in the market currently supports 4.2.2. However, all this anti-AzBox bickering and even banning PwrSurge from here is a bit inexplicable, as he has provided some good support for the AZboxes which has not all but dried up here in Europe, at least PwrSurge is keeping the support for the MiniMe alive, and as far as I'm concerned now it the best firmware that is now available for this box.

• $187.40
  • Buy It Now
  • +$26.49 shipping
^
|
|
For that price on eBay for an AzBox MiniMe I will pass. Even with great firmware it is simply not worth it for 4.2.2 built-in (for me at least).

If you're gonna pay over $200 then you can get a TBS 6983 card which will do pretty much everything.

As for the bickering, I agree that it was quite unpleasant and I hope we never see anything like that here again.

If the box works, the 200.oo is a okay price. But, as a previous owner of the box, I wasn't about to pay that cost to become a TESTER. I returned it after many frustrating hours. As i had said before, it had some nice features, and I wanted to like the box. I was frustrated with the constant reboots, re-flashes, and video audio sync issues. This may be the best firmware, yet, it is still BETAware. As I have read on the other site, there are still issues with slow channel changes, and timeshifting. I will only be persuaded when I hear a majority of people say that this indeed a stable unit and then I will start to believe the unit is worth a second view.

I need a unit that will run all day without incident. I don't have the patience to deal with it otherwise.

Just for the record, I was the one that made the request to either delete or edit some of the posts I made on this thread as I now consider are a little bit over the top. What Scott said about PwrSurge refusing to repair or replace boxes if they post on SatelliteGuys is untrue as far as I'm concerned as both of my boxes were repaired under warranty even after posting here. I am unaware, personally, of anyone who has got refused to have their receiver repaired under the 2 year warranty period.

Really?

Here is your email. And its not the only one like I got.

Hi

I was wondering if you could delete 3 posts I made in the above forum as I'm unable to do it now. I need a Minime re-flashing and ex member PwrSurge is getting his knickers in a twist and won't do this unless these posts are removed.

I had the same problem back in December. The boxes had to be sent back for a re flash of the firmware. I sent them at the beginning of January, and I'm still waiting for them. Pwrsurge says they have been sent back at the end of Jan, nothing arrived here!! He can't even send me any proof of posting despite me asking several times or any tracking info.Why???
So it looks like I may never see my boxes again which I spent good money on unless he agrees to sending me replacements, but I'm not holding my breath!!

Absolutely spot on! I still have not had my boxes back, takes him an age to answer a PM on his forum then avoids the questions that I ask, I have had all the excuses under the sun about my boxes not arriving, from Canada Post, UK custom delays, blah, blah, blah. I doubt I will see my boxes again and certainly would not deal with him or his company in the future, appalling customer service!!!

More like Satguys booted him rather than the other way round!
My boxes were both bought from there official Canadian dealers, and when there update bricked both boxes they were sent back the AZbox Americas themselves rather then sending them back to the individual dealers.
Still no sign of my boxes, I find it odd they will not provide me with, 1, any proof they posted them back, 2 what service they used to send them back, 3 sending them back with no tracking. All very strange, my guess he sent them back surface mail so it could be 4-6 weeks, but I cannot get a straight answer!

Many thanks

Chris (scopus) UK
Again I personally don't recommend purchasing from Azbox Canada or America. For all practile reasons there is no more AZbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts