AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition v2.03 / v1.87 firmware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had the same problem back in December. The boxes had to be sent back for a re flash of the firmware. I sent them at the beginning of January, and I'm still waiting for them. Pwrsurge says they have been sent back at the end of Jan, nothing arrived here!! He can't even send me any proof of posting despite me asking several times or any tracking info.Why???
So it looks like I may never see my boxes again which I spent good money on unless he agrees to sending me replacements, but I'm not holding my breath!!

Wow, that's not good. I guess I would not send my back if this is the case. It is quasi-working now, at least I will still have it.

I hope fellow Satellite Guys refrain from purchasing anything from Azbox so that they get the message about this company.

As you can see, Pwrsurge has even stopped replying to this thread.

Reactions: scopus
Pwrsurge isn't a member here anymore. I don't know whether he left of his own accord, or whether Scott booted him. He's got a forum setup on Az America's.

Catamount

This is very interesting.......Whenever there is an issue with his presence in a forum, he goes out and forms his own. This is true with DigitalhomeCanada. He had a falling out with the moderators there and got kicked out and he formed satellitehome. But, he would take forever to respond to your posts and the site remained stagnate. It seems that there is activity there now that he left here.

I have an older cousin who reminds me of him. He was a whiz at electronics and fixing things, his downfall was he was not reliable to his customers and it cost him his business. His building lies empty and falling apart.

When I tried to PM him, it says that it's due to privacy settings that are set.

Yes, I get that also. The bottom line is that there is no more support from Pwrsurge on this site. So, anyone with specific issues would have to post on his site. Lots of knowledgable people here can help with smaller common issues.

Pwrsurge isn't a member here anymore. I don't know whether he left of his own accord, or whether Scott booted him. He's got a forum setup on Az America's.
If you click his avatar it shows he was on today at 2:00pm so he is still a member.
Maybe so. However you cannot access his profile page to access prior posts, etc and you cannot PM him.
Just pointing out that he is still a member. His reasons for not replying to the threads or allowing others to PM him are up to him. ;):D

Last edited:
have an older cousin who reminds me of him. He was a whiz at electronics and fixing things, his downfall was he was not reliable to his customers and it cost him his business. His building lies empty and falling apart.

Absolutely spot on! I still have not had my boxes back, takes him an age to answer a PM on his forum then avoids the questions that I ask, I have had all the excuses under the sun about my boxes not arriving, from Canada Post, UK custom delays, blah, blah, blah. I doubt I will see my boxes again and certainly would not deal with him or his company in the future, appalling customer service!!!

Absolutely spot on! I still have not had my boxes back, takes him an age to answer a PM on his forum then avoids the questions that I ask, I have had all the excuses under the sun about my boxes not arriving, from Canada Post, UK custom delays, blah, blah, blah. I doubt I will see my boxes again and certainly would not deal with him or his company in the future, appalling customer service!!!
Scopus, I see you are in the UK, how come you bought the Minime American Edition?

Scopus, I see you are in the UK, how come you bought the Minime American Edition?

Hi Mark, I wanted the American Edition because the software available for the Eurpean version is awful in terms of blindscan capabilities. The software Serge produces is by far the beat in terms of that. I know the rest of the software has had problems in the past, and I was looking forward to trying out the new version with the 3.3.1 Kernel. Whether I will get the chance to test it depends if my boxes arrive back from Canada, they have been in the postal system since the end of January, or at least that's when Serge said he posted them back. I still play the waiting game....

I had the same problem back in December. The boxes had to be sent back for a re flash of the firmware. I sent them at the beginning of January, and I'm still waiting for them. Pwrsurge says they have been sent back at the end of Jan, nothing arrived here!! He can't even send me any proof of posting despite me asking several times or any tracking info.Why???
So it looks like I may never see my boxes again which I spent good money on unless he agrees to sending me replacements, but I'm not holding my breath!!

It depends who you bought it from.

BTW, I received an e-mail notification that mentions the official forum at Azbox Americas and ditching the "unofficial" forums like SatelliteGuys.us immediately.

More like Satguys booted him rather than the other way round!
My boxes were both bought from there official Canadian dealers, and when there update bricked both boxes they were sent back the AZbox Americas themselves rather then sending them back to the individual dealers.
Still no sign of my boxes, I find it odd they will not provide me with, 1, any proof they posted them back, 2 what service they used to send them back, 3 sending them back with no tracking. All very strange, my guess he sent them back surface mail so it could be 4-6 weeks, but I cannot get a straight answer!

After three months or so, I decided to try upgrading. Going from 1.86 to 1.87 went well. I noticed faster channel changes. However, upgrading to 2.03 bricked my Azbox with no video. Just like everyone else except Mark2074.

New firmware may be good, but getting there is still an issue on older boxes LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)