AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition version 1.50 firmware

No pmt data I understand. Are you implying that if there is no sdt data the channel won't scan in on an azbox? That's a huge issue as the pmt is supposed to be required but the sdt is optional and many many tp don't provide sdt info.

UDL

I see that our admin that maintains the server did a bit of cleaning up of older firmware releases but no worries, I will get him to put version 1.20 back on.

Still waiting on this. If it's not back on by the weekend, I'm switching to Euro firmwares. One of the reasons I bought this box was to try out different Enigma 2 images. I didn't realize at the time you locked that out.

Catamount

Wow they prevent other firmware's from going on the box? thats a d*ck move isnt it. Another nail in the coffin
e
UDL

Agreed! I had a laptop that I tried various linux images on for two years. I loved testing that stuff and learned a lot. I would like to do the same with this box. I really don't care about voiding the warranty or bricking it. There is lot's of good coding going on open source which is where the improvements will come!!

Catamount

I see that version 1.20 is now back on the server. For people who want to downgrade, please make sure to answer NO when the system asks if you want to preserve user settings in order to avoid any issues as the settings data format did change with version 1.50.

You may however safely backup your settings made under version 1.50 to USB using the Settings -> Manage settings -> Image settings: Backup function and restore them again with the Image settings: Restore function once version 1.20 has been successfully installed.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

FYI, our QA is currently testing a new firmware version which will be released within the next day or so. It includes enhancements to the tuner driver and DVB modules which fixes issues such as the inability to lock certain low symbol rate transponders and the issue of the sound cutting out when you stay tuned to the same channel more than a few hours.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Looking forward to the update. The 1.50 firmware to me is much better than the previous versions. Can you add the ability to delete more than one channel at a time from the GUI?, plus channel change is a bit slow, apart from that...good job!

Looking forward to the update. The 1.50 firmware to me is much better than the previous versions. Can you add the ability to delete more than one channel at a time from the GUI?, plus channel change is a bit slow, apart from that...good job!

Channel change will be faster in this upcoming 1.56 version update. There was an issue we fixed at the last minute where channels with no EPG data take longer to tune in. As per your request, multi-channel delete was added as an enhancement request so this capability should get added within the next few firmware updates.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

I just purchased the MiniMe and it came pre-loaded with 1.50 (nice) I have to agree on the comments about the blindscan but not for speed. It picks up more TPs than my RS-1933 even 103w with the oddball skew on a 0'ed LNB however if the channel doesn't have a provider the channel is ignored I wanted to use the MiniMe as my primary receiver and control the motor but because of this limitation I'm keeping it connected to the non-motorized connection. As I don't have a previous firmware to test against I can't compare however I can compare that it definitely has a more sensitive receiver than the RS-1933 but ignoring most channels in the sky I got to say is definitely a shortcoming.

Good news, one of our developers was just able to code in a fix yesterday in our development firmware version so that channels with no provider as you noted will now scan in. We will release this in our next firmware update but in the meantime, we would like to test on various channels. So far, we have tested on the following channels and they all successfully scanned in:

KFTL on AMC 6 11966 H 1666

KTEL on AMC 9 12009 H 2170
KBRK on Galaxy 16 3720 H 8700
Dish test card on 12016 V 20000

Please confirm if there are any other channels you wish for us to test on

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Please check to see if it will scan in all 5 channels on G16 @ 3845 H 15030. I have to input PIDs manually to get them, using 1.56 firmware.
Also, 3776 H 3255 on G16.

I know that 3845 H 15030 should scan in "out of the box" with any AzBox miniMe American Edition firmware as this transponder actually has an SDT table but the channels themselves have no names so these are generated automatically when scanned. Not sure about 3776 H 3255 though so I will have that transponder checked out.

The 3845 MUX should scan in with the following names:
unknown (0x0001_0x0001)
unknown (0x0001_0x0002)
unknown (0x0001_0x0003)
unknown (0x0001_0x0006)
unknown (0x0001_0x0008)
unknown (0x0001_0x00071)

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that channels in the 3845 MUX have the encrypted flag set but the channels are actually in the clear so you have to make sure to first turn off the FTA channels only option before you scan this transponder.

As for 3776 H 3255, it appears to have a non-standard SDT table which is why you had to manually enter PIDs in but we are making adjustments in our parsing code in order to handle channels like this.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
Why are you using SDT to gather channel data.

You should be gathering the PAT, then use that to get the PMT for each channel.

The SDT should only be used for channel names and even that is in the PMT sometimes. The SDT should not be required for your application to work.

You dont do EPG do you? just curious.

Also to add, 3845 may have the encryption flag on in the SDT, but there is no CAT 0x01 and no CA descriptors in the PMT. A pretty much 100% guarantee its not encrypted. The opposite doesnt always hold true, but if it really is encrypted, the receiver on the other end is going to need some way of knowing how to deal with that encryption.

UDL

As for 3776 H 3255, it appears to have a non-standard SDT table which is why you had to manually enter PIDs in but we are making adjustments in our parsing code in order to handle channels like this.

After a few adjustments in our parsing code, we are now able to scan the above transponder without having to manually enter PIDs. Pretty much any transponder with active video or audio services now scans in without any issues. This is one of the many improvements of firmware version 1.65 which will be released as soon as our QA can complete testing.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)