AZBox Repar Parts, Or The Lack Thereof!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Got a lightning stike here last year and it fried the LAN function on my AZ Elite so last week I figured I'd try to get a new main board from Opensat. So I went to their site and filled in the forms there requesting info on a new board and the cost shipped to the USA. Got an Email back from them today stating that they couldn't sell me this part??? WTF??

So it's real nice to know that Opensat/AZBox won't sell me parts to repair my $275 receiver that's just over 2 years old!

Yup, you guessed it. That's the last damn AZ anything I'll ever buy!:mad:

Got a lightning stike here last year and it fried the LAN function on my AZ Elite so last week I figured I'd try to get a new main board from Opensat. So I went to their site and filled in the forms there requesting info on a new board and the cost shipped to the USA. Got an Email back from them today stating that they couldn't sell me this part??? WTF??

So it's real nice to know that Opensat/AZBox won't sell me parts to repair my $275 receiver that's just over 2 years old!

Yup, you guessed it. That's the last damn AZ anything I'll ever buy!:mad:

Don't despair, we have a wireless USB adapter coming out very soon that will allow your elite to connect to wireless networks, just like the built in wireless with Premium. This should work as it doesn't depend on the Ethernet port like a wireless bridge would do.

Will let you know once it becomes available but it should not be too long as we already have worked out the bugs with the prototype we have and it now works beautifully on any AzBox Elite or Ultra HD receiver.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

PwrSurge, just to add my comments, I spent close to $500.00 on my Azbox Premium Plus almost 2 years ago and for me it is extremely dissappointing why the Manufacturer has abondened us when it comes to anymore Upgrades or Future Fixes. Here are my Concerns / Problems with AzBox:

1) My Premium Plus has NOT worked on YouTube for over 6 months now - it just completely locks up. Why have & advertise this feature on AzBox if it cannot be used?

2) The DisEQc 1.2 always freezes up every single time you store in a new Satellite, Locking up the Actuator Dish Mover not allowing the Dish to be moved until a number of Reboots are done, - (I identified this problem 2 years ago on the manufacturer's web site only to be completely ignored).

3) The extremely Slow Blind Scan, which it seems everyone owning an Azbox Receiver has problems with.

The above are but 3 problems that haven't been addressed and I guess never will, and now with likely no hope of any new software upgrades in future to resolve these problems - that is, to be abondened by the manufacturer for a year now - is extremely upsetting, and like Lone Gunman if the manufacturer's customer service policy is to promote only new AzBox Receivers while ignoring problems with already purchased AzBox Sat Receivers, it will be a long time if ever before I purchase another AzBox Satellite Receiver.

Last edited:
I totally agree with the above posts! I have a Azbox Ultra and have never owned such a crap piece of satellite equipment in my life! I have been in the business of sat installations since 1984, and never had so much trouble with a receiver. Unfortunately, I believe this is the only box that gets 4.2.2 for CBS feeds. That is the only reason I put up with all the problems. Wish I could find a better designed receiver on the market that gets the CBS feeds, because I wouldn't hesitate to get one! I'm sick of this Azbox crap........reboot,reboot,reboot,reboot................ Sorry, just blowing off a little steam! :rant:

FYI I also have an AZ Ultra and you're right about the blind scan being slow as a snail as I can do TWO blind scans with either of my S9 receivers to one on the AZ Ultra! And I can scan my entire arc by pressing ONE button with the S9 too. Try that with ANY AZBox!!

The only time I use the AZBox receivers now is if I have a downloaded movie I want to watch or there's a 4.2.2 feed I can't get with my S9s. The Elite presents a problem of sorts as I have to take the hard drive to a computer to transfer those movies now. I also cannot copy those 3 files to backup my sat/channel list without the LAN function. Both my AZs are still on firmware 5020 partly because of the lack of the LAN backup function on my Elite. I usually do blind scans on the Ultra then transfer those backup files to my Elite on the other system. Can't do that so maybe a USB wireless adapter will fill that void.

Ennywho, if I had never bought an S9 I'd probably still be satisfied with my AZs. The S9s kinda spoiled me though as they are much easier to use, at least for me anyway. The AZs have some nice features but the problems that come with them somewhat outweigh those positives.

Oh, and I was wrong on the price I paid for this Elite. I found the invoice and it was $285 from the fleabay reseller that use to be in Fla. I paid less than $100 each for the two used S9s I have and now they can be had for that price NEW.

Don't despair, we have a wireless USB adapter coming out very soon that will allow your elite to connect to wireless networks, just like the built in wireless with Premium. This should work as it doesn't depend on the Ethernet port like a wireless bridge would do.

Will let you know once it becomes available but it should not be too long as we already have worked out the bugs with the prototype we have and it now works beautifully on any AzBox Elite or Ultra HD receiver.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada
Interesting concept!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)