AZBOX Signal VS Quality

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
Need to know if someone can tell me why my Signal is much lower than my quality 60-70 over 90 to 100
Thanks for your help

Need to know if someone can tell me why my Signal is much lower than my quality 60-70 over 90 to 100
Thanks for your help

The signal level doesn't really mean much (other than that the LNB is working). You can point an LNB at the ground and your signal level will be pretty much the same as when pointed at your best transponder. Only time the signal level means something is when it is really low, which usually means a problem with the LNB, coax, or a switch.

On my strongest transponder, or the weakest, the signal level is pretty much in the same range. Only thing that matters is the Quality, and if you're getting 90 to 100, things are good!

Keith,

I am getting a consistant 60 to 70 signal on all sats and getting minor interruptions of the picture, could it be the LNBF is off slightly?
Thanks

Keith,

I am getting a consistant 60 to 70 signal on all sats and getting minor interruptions of the picture, could it be the LNBF is off slightly?
Thanks

My AXBox does show a higher signal level (usually 70s/80s), but your lower numbers don't seem to indicate a problem (by low numbers I meant 30s or so).

Are the signal interruptions C-band or Ku-band or both? If I remember correctly from other discussions here (someone else chime in if wrong) Ku-band on a large C-band dish has to be spot on as there is a narrower signal quality window than on a 80cm dish (so slight dish movement might cause a momentary drop-out whereas on a 80cm dish you'd just get signal fluctuation).

Skew might also be a culprit (or coax or switches). Need a bit more information!

Hi Keith

Thanks again.

Signal flucuations are boht on C and Ku, NO wind today but when watching the Signal and Quality meters on the AZBOX, they are jumping back and forth More so with the Signal Quality..
COAX and Switch is less than 4 months old (not that, that really means anything)

I and using the link below to connect my MOTO 922 and my AZBOX, see link
h**p://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Accessories/Dishes/Bud-slave.htm

Any other advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

You have helped us rookie before who have only been doing ths for 7 months now, We GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch

OK, that sounds more like the dish is slightly off from where it should be, so it sounds like a slight re-alignment is necessary (sometimes a slight "bump" does the trick). Unfortunately, my experience with C-band dishes (or positioners) is nil. That being said, the push-pull method usually determines which way an alignment is necessary. Hopefully, others with C-band experience will help out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts