azbox stuck at 5%

Probably a glitch in the software you are trying to load. Format you memory stick. Download a new copy of the software, and then, reload it to your memory stick. everything should be OK then.

I was never able to change firmware on mine via wireless or wired internet connections. It would go to 28% and quit. I used a memory stick and it worked the first time.

I was never able to change firmware on mine via wireless or wired internet connections. It would go to 28% and quit. I used a memory stick and it worked the first time.

Well, tonight I tried to downgrade the firmware via wireless and it worked 100%, sort of. The firmware fully downloaded and appeared to go through the whole procedure, but the Azbox got stuck after the firmware change and wouldn't start up.

I tried to recover it using the USB stick that I did my last upgrade to 9.5308 with but Azbox wouldn't see it. The stick also had some still captures and some video capture on it. I had to erase the stick, put 9.5309 on it, and after that the Azbox recognized the USB and updated itself. I think I read somewhere that the hard drive had to be disconnected to recover from bad firmware. I did that when I was trying the original file on the USB but it didn't help, and it was disconnected when I did the new firmware.

I was scared for awhile, after reading some versions of what I might have to do to get it working again. Don't ask me why I tried to downgrade it. I just thought I would try it to see what would happen. I won't be trying it again. Now that it has 9.5309, Youtube is working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)