azbox ultra gets stuck on wait...

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
After watching an IPTV channel and then hitting home / setup.

stuck on please wait...

If i go right t the menu after restart or a sat channel, it works fine.

Okay I waited a long time and it says error:-1 couldnt retreive data.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry; I'm a complete newb at this.

I copied it to /DISK2/ over an existing file of the same name (only like 39 bytes), so I know it went to the right place.

I rebooted.

Nothing showed up on TV channels.:confused:

I know I'm missing something really basic here....

I'm very sorry; I'm a complete newb at this.

I copied it to /DISK2/ over an existing file of the same name (only like 39 bytes), so I know it went to the right place.

I rebooted.

Nothing showed up on TV channels.:confused:

I know I'm missing something really basic here....

I am also a complete AZBox newb. I read and followed this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/194447-http-streaming-azbox.html

I am running the latest firmware from AZBox Snapshots Maybe you have an older one that doesn't accomplish this.

The azbox then creates a new satellite call something like IP_ make sure you are in the all channels viewing list mode and not just seeing your sat channels.

Once you get this working, let me know if you have the same problem as me. Basically my problem is that after watching IP channels the receiver doesn't correctly enter the menu mode, if i reboot and go right to the setup menu it works fine.

You can also use VLC which works well too.. incase you cant get your AZ to work

Basically my problem is that after watching IP channels the receiver doesn't correctly enter the menu mode, if i reboot and go right to the setup menu it works fine.

Yeah, there seems to be an issue that requires a reboot. Luckily it works with the software reboot on mine. Probably a memory overload issue.

Last edited:
You can also use VLC which works well too.. incase you cant get your AZ to work
Pro96, for those of us who need the help, it will be helpful if you wrote a "How to" accomplish this.:)

I just found this great link on VLC How to. Click here.

Edit: Added a link for VLC "How TO."

Last edited:
copy this file to /DISK2/ using FTP
then reboot

you will have 79 IPTV channels, CNBC works well.

Loaded the file last night got nothing, but this morning before leaving for work a quick test indicated some channels were showing. CNBC was not one of them. How did you get all the addresses you entered into the ".txt" file?

copy this file to /DISK2/ using FTP
then reboot

you will have 79 IPTV channels, CNBC works well.

I have also uploaded an updated file with an additional 5 channels making it a total of 80.

Ice, can you make this a sticky?

Attachments

• http_streams.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 399
Last edited by a moderator:
Do all of the streams work? I tried tried them in vlc but was unable to get most of them to come up.