azbox ultra

From the picture, it looks like it's a lot different from the Elete.

Mainly, it has a front panel USB, a card reader, and it only has 1 tuner, and no place for a 2nd tuner.

I don't see the indication of blind scan?

Operating System Linux

Processor (CPU) Sigma Designs SMP8634LF

MIPS-CPU 300 MHz

Working Memory DDR 128MB

Video Memory DDR 128MB

Tuner Embedded1xDVB-S2 tuner

Flash Memory 8MB, SSD(DOM) 256MB

HDD USB HDD (Option)

Video Output Pal/NTSC

Video Decoder MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4.2, MPEG 4.10 (H.264), WMV9, VC-1, Xvid

Audio Decoder Dolby AC3, DTS, MPEG1 Layer 1/2/3 (MP3), AAC, WMA9, OGG, FLAC

Picture Support JPEG, BMP, GIF

Subtitle Supported SMI, SRT, TXT, SUB, SSA

Resolution 576i (480i), 576p(480p), 720p, 1080i, 1080p

Ethernet 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (max. 100 Mbit/s)

Attachments

• !Bm7z)wQB2k~$(KGrHqUOKiMEtlgi1GSFBLhcyEUy)w~~_12.JPG
    !Bm7z)wQB2k~$(KGrHqUOKiMEtlgi1GSFBLhcyEUy)w~~_12.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 267
Single Tuner
S-video instead of SCART. HDMI is also present.

Looks like this receiver is a low end box that is targeting the US market.

I think you're correct about it being targetted for US market. Dual tuner and SCART aren't needed for most people.
If it can decode everything like the ELITE/PREMIUM and has hardware blindscan its at the top of my list.

Single Tuner
S-video instead of SCART. HDMI is also present.

Looks like this receiver is a low end box that is targeting the US market.

Actually, I'm starting to think that it might be a low end US version of the PLUS. Reason is that looking at some of the specs, I see a few specs that appear in the ULTRA and the PLUS. Really pretty hard to tell though. I do like the USB in the front though.

I just received an email directly from Azbox

"Yes ultra have blind scan and it's a special version for America and South America. The software is same as Premium Plus, Premium and Elite. Like Premium + (Hardware blind scan)"

There you go

If it is hardware blindscan and does all that the Elite can do then I'll be interested. Getting any infos on anything is like pulling teeth, very back communication skills from Az!

sorry for any confusion as I merged two emails. it has hardware blindscan like the premium plus. i consider this great news.

here is the last email:

Like Premium + (Hardware blind scan)

BR

2010/2/27 xxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Can you tell me if the ULTRA has hardware blindscan like the Premium PLUS or software blindscan like the PREMIUM/ELITE?
Regards,
xxxxx

This is so confusing!!! Some people say they got email back saying it is software blindscan like the Elite and others saying otherwise, what to believe?

Yeah, Rick and one other person on his forum say they were told via email that it was software only. But if that's the case, what makes it different from the Elite? (Other than the case.)

I see a fan and no scart at the back and box looks diff at the top, appears to be detachable for easy hdisk hookup would be my guess.

I've sent an email again and will post whatever response I receive. I saw the posts from Rick on his forum and agree something doesn't make sense. Not sure why anyone would pay more for the Ultra over the Elite if it has no advantage, unless you are allergic to a SCART connector. I would invite anyone who's interested to also send an email and ask as well.

I know we won't know for sure until someone gets one but here is my last email...

Re: Azbox ULTRA HD?

Monday, March 8, 2010 10:36 AM

To: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com>

Hi xxxxxxxx!

Ultra have HW blind scan like Premium +.

BR

2010/3/4 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com>
Hello,
Can you tell me if the new Azbox HD ULTRA satellite receiver has hardware blindscan like the PREMIUM + or if it has software blindscan like the PREMIUM/ELITE? A few people are reporting that they are receiving information from AZBOX that the ULTRA has software blindscan. Can you help clarify this issue regarding the ULTRA blindscan capabilities?
Thank you.
xxxxx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)