AZBOX AzTrino 1.6 - North American edition for AzBox ME

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
To make it a bit easier to setup the AzBox ME for North American use, we at AzBox Canada have created a customised version of the AzTrino operating system. Based on the current 1.6 version, it includes the following enhancements:

- Numerous menu items and options were renamed in order to fix grammatical errors in the English user interface.

- Current North American satellite list from 1W to 177W separated by band where applicable.

It is available for download on our website at AzBox Canada :: Official Canadian distributor for AzBox products under Support.
We also released a HOWTO document on how to setup a USALS motorized satellite system when using this firmware which can also be found in the Support section for download.

Notes:

Due to issues with 1080i and 1080p 60Hz resolutions, we recommend that 720p @ 60Hz resolution be used at the moment if your TV does not support the PAL format (i.e. 50Hz).

Please note that we are aware of the following issues which will be resolved in future versions: (Priority items are in bold)

• Channels with no name won't scan in.
  • No picture with 1080p @ 60Hz or 480p @ 60 Hz resolutions.
  • Missing 480i @ 60Hz resolution.
  • Excessive overscan regardless of resolution.
  • Audio cuts out and sometimes get a strange hum when using 1080i @ 60Hz resolution.
  • Transponders found during blindscan don't scan properly as it appears IF is not being calculated properly. Added transponders don't have the correct frequency.
  • SNR level meter reads lower that what it should be
  • Image from last channel stays on screen until new channel comes in
  • Graphs not working when selecting channel details
  • Mono left or Mono right audio mode not working
  • Blindscan never starts unless you select an active transponder first in manual scan.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Where is the option to turn On/Off 22kHz switch on this Version of AzTrino 1.6? Thanks for the update Pwrsurge.

Last edited:
I like the support here. Being in the UK and a Dxer there isn't much support for us over here. I have installed the AZtrino by Pwrsurge and changed the Sat XML for a Europoean version it work great. Be nice when you can just scan the high or low band and the option to scan FTA or/and Scrambled too. More support than from Opensat who haven't bothered since the beginning of Feb to update the 1.6 version. I look forward to Android too. Well done guys!

PwrSurge

Thanks for the info! The question I have is this code available via the opensource? Also what are the plans for the migration to Android? Is this still feasible and will Canada lead the effort? Thanks for any more info.

A very good effort. I have just read the USALS manual and this is what was clearly missing in the official version. I called Opensat's attention to it but I had no reply. Hopefully we would be enjoying our machine fully. Incidentally, I was able to use dreambox utilities to install some plugins. eg. installed ipkg files using Ipk installer on Dreambox utilities which are meant for E2.

A very good effort. I have just read the USALS manual and this is what was clearly missing in the official version. I called Opensat's attention to it but I had no reply. Hopefully we would be enjoying our machine fully. Incidentally, I was able to use dreambox utilities to install some plugins. eg. installed ipkg files using Ipk installer on Dreambox utilities which are meant for E2.

For the Linux novice like me, what is ipkg used for?

These are file formats for plugins which give enhanced possibilities for linux based STB examples ( Extended EPG, live score for football matches, live feeds, web radio official cams etc.)

Where is the option to turn On/Off 22kHz switch on this Version of AzTrino 1.6? Thanks for the update Pwrsurge.

There is currently no option to specifically toggle 22Khz at the moment but this will be soon added in future releases. However, you can still use a system with a 22Khz switch by adjusting the LNB switch frequency in Antenna Settings for specific satellites as follows:

10750 system with 22Khz on:
LNB low band frequency: 10750
LNB high band frequency: 10750
LNB switch frequency: 11700

10750 system with 22Khz off:
LNB low band frequency: 10750
LNB high band frequency: 10750
LNB switch frequency: 12700

5150 system with 22Khz on:
LNB low band frequency: 5150
LNB high band frequency: 5150
LNB switch frequency: 3600

5150 system with 22Khz off:
LNB low band frequency: 5150
LNB high band frequency: 5150
LNB switch frequency: 4200

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
PwrSurge

Thanks for the info! The question I have is this code available via the opensource? Also what are the plans for the migration to Android? Is this still feasible and will Canada lead the effort? Thanks for any more info.

Android development is still going ahead as planned and we are aiming for a launch this summer. However, we are also supporting the AZtrino firmware as there are two editions of the AzBox Me, the Android edition coming this summer and the AZtrino edition which is out now.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Android development is still going ahead as planned and we are aiming for a launch this summer. However, we are also supporting the AZtrino firmware as there are two editions of the AzBox Me, the Android edition coming this summer and the AZtrino edition which is out now.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada
So for those of us that already own an AZBox Me, we cannot use the Android firmware when it's released in the summer??

So for those of us that already own an AZBox Me, we cannot use the Android firmware when it's released in the summer??

No, you will still be able to download and install Android once it comes out. The AzBox Me hardware between the two editions is exactly the same. Only the pre-installed operating system software is different.

No, you will still be able to download and install Android once it comes out. The AzBox Me hardware between the two editions is exactly the same. Only the pre-installed operating system software is different.

PwrSurge, any update on the release of the Android Firmware for AZBox Me?

PwrSurge, any update on the release of the Android Firmware for AZBox Me?

Posted on AZBox Canada site....

Update on Android OS for AzBox Me - Sep 22, 2012

Significant progress has been made in getting a functional Android operating system for the newer Me lineup of AzBox HD satellite receivers as we now have working Availink tuner drivers. Initially, efforts were focused on the AzBox Me model as it features 256MB of working physical memory while the miniMe only has 128MB. However, due to the recent temporary manufacturing stoppage of the AzBox Me receiver, we were forced to refocus our efforts on making an Android OS release for the miniMe instead and we are hoping to have an initial release before the end of the year. We will also make a release for the AzBox Me once the manufacturer resumes production and units become available to distributors again.

AzBox Canada is committed in developing the best operating system software for the American market. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)