AZtrino 1.80 - North American edition for AzBox ME

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
AZtrino 1.80 - North American edition for AzBox ME
Version 1.80 of AZtrino North American edition for AzBox ME is now available for download on our website at AzBox Canada :: Official Canadian distributor for AzBox products under Support.

It includes the following enhancements:

- Option to scan FTA only for TV, Radio or both TV & Radio channels was added and option was renamed from "Scan service type" to "Scan type". This works on all types of scans including satellite, TP and blind scan.

- Option to specify and scan manual PIDS in TP scan. Please note that this feature is currently experimental and although it works well on an empty channel list, it tends to add "ghost" channels once many channels are on the list. As well, scanned in manual pid channels can sometimes make the AZtrino process restart when changing channels. These issues will be fixed with the next version. For now, you may also use this feature to tune in channels which have no Service Descriptor Table (SDT) such as most of the PBS stations on 125W and CBS feeds on 89W.

- Added Scan/use pids option in TP Scan. This controls if PID information for the channel is saved when the channel is scanned in. If this option is off, pids won't be saved when the channel is scanned in so pids will have to be parsed from the SDT every time you tune to this channel. If on, pids are saved when the channel is scanned in so pids don't have to be parsed making it quicker to tune in this channel. This option has no effect when specifying manual PIDS as PIDS will always be saved for these channels.

- Correct directories are now created when connecting a hard disk for the first time for PVR use.

- Optimized speed at which unit shuts down or reboots.

- SDT scan is now aborted when changing channels. This makes changing channels a LOT faster!

- Miscellaneous bug fixes

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
I cant use usals.It seems that my dish is not moving.I use this guide for usals Neutrino rotor settings (USALS)

We have a guide for USALS setup available to download at http://www.azbox.ca/cfm/azbox/downloads/AzTrinoUSALS_HOWTO.pdf

Make sure that your longitude, longitude hemisphere, latitude and latitude hemisphere are correct in positioner setup. As well, you obviously need to use your own satellites.xml as it appears you are in Europe. Your motor is not moving either because you have the wrong longitude/latitude settings or limits are set on your motor.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

@PwrSurge

What version of kernel is this release at currently? I put it on one of my partitions with the 3.3.1 kernel and it worked, but after trying to go back to another partition things were wacky and that image no longer worked.

Thanks scopus! Thats what I figured after I screwed things up, but had to give it a try. Funny how it did work as if it was on the same level. Had to do the ole recover, reload kernel&image deal.

Found a problem. Recorded on HDD then played back OK with movie player, but on exit, the tuner was lost, showing now signal or quality, only a reboot solved it. Also, the image seems to restart a few times on channel change. The best image yet though in my opinion.

When you go
Menu-Channels-DVB-S2 tuner-TP Scan-select a sat-do a test signal or select tp scan
aztrino always reboot
Also i agree with scopus.This image restarts few times when channel change

Are there any commands to type through telnet when we use aztrino for paste then here?Thank you

Last edited:
When you go
Menu-Channels-DVB-S2 tuner-TP Scan-select a sat-do a test signal or select tp scan
aztrino always reboot
Also i agree with scopus.This image restarts few times when channel change

Are there any commands to type through telnet when we use aztrino for paste then here?Thank you

We already fixed the issue with Manual PID adding "ghost channels" and are currently in the process of fixing the issue where the AZtrino process restarts from time to time after scanning or when changing channels. A new version will be released once this issue is fixed.

Will not scan in the CBS feeds.

For now, you will need to manually enter PIDs to scan in the CBS feeds as these channels don't have an SDT table. We will soon fix the PAT parser so you won't have to do that but for now, entering PIDS should allow you to scan these channels in.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

We already fixed the issue with Manual PID adding "ghost channels" and are currently in the process of fixing the issue where the AZtrino process restarts from time to time after scanning or when changing channels. A new version will be released once this issue is fixed.

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions, Unlike some other forums I could mention!
For feedhunters in Europe, like myself, this really is the only image I can use. Other developers seem more interested in hacking and media centre problems rather than concentrating on getting it right as a satellite receiver first which is what you guys are doing. I appreciate all your hard work.

For now, you will need to manually enter PIDs to scan in the CBS feeds as these channels don't have an SDT table. We will soon fix the PAT parser so you won't have to do that but for now, entering PIDS should allow you to scan these channels in.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

In addition to the issues stated above, I can't get 11968H 1666SR on Amc 6 on 72.0°W to scan in. I have tried both manual scan and blind scan no success.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada
When i manually enter the pids for cbs the channels will still not scan in.
Can you test this for me?Are they scanning in for you?which pids are you using?I maybe entering incorrect pids.49Vpid and 52Apid

Version 1.82 of AZtrino North American edition is now available from the AzBox Canada website which fixes the above mentioned issues.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

In addition to the issues stated above, I can't get 11968H 1666SR on Amc 6 on 72.0°W to scan in. I have tried both manual scan and blind scan no success.

This is another channel with no SDT table but I was able to scan it in using manual PID entry with the following parameters:

Service ID: 1
PMT PID: 4217
PCR PID: 4197
Video PID: 4197
Audio PID: 4198

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions, Unlike some other forums I could mention!
For feedhunters in Europe, like myself, this really is the only image I can use. Other developers seem more interested in hacking and media centre problems rather than concentrating on getting it right as a satellite receiver first which is what you guys are doing. I appreciate all your hard work.

Thank you for the compliments. You came to the right forum as we will always post new releases of AZtrino North American edition and answer any questions here first!

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)