B-Band Converter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Now that I've got my new H-20 receiver I was ready to watch HD so I thought. It came with a B-Band converter but the manual doen't tell you what to do with it. If it does please tell me the page. I currentlly have a 3-LNB dish and not the new 5LNB. Do I need to put in the converter with the 3-lnb dish or just when I get the 5LNB dish?

Matt

little dish guy said:
I read it converts the 250-750 band up to something higher.
Bob

The Current system(round,triplesat,international,etc.) used a band of 950-2150. The new ka/ku goes from 250-2250. If you look at the different multiswitches you will see. the New 6x8's are checked to make sure they can perform across the entire band and are labled as 250-2250. the old 6x8's and others(except those with an off-air input) are only 950-2150.

The b-band converter should be attached to your H20- even if you're system configuration is a 3-LNB dish vs. a 5 LNB dish.

- The b-band converter has no harmful effects on a conventional 950mhz-1450mhz signal.

- As long as the insert is attached to the back of the H20 you won't lose it! DirecTV techs will not be stocked with excess b-band inserts and if you need another one because you've lost it, you will be at the mercy of whatever DirecTV decides to do to help ya out!

benj said:
The b-band converter should be attached to your H20- even if you're system configuration is a 3-LNB dish vs. a 5 LNB dish.

- The b-band converter has no harmful effects on a conventional 950mhz-1450mhz signal.

- As long as the insert is attached to the back of the H20 you won't lose it! DirecTV techs will not be stocked with excess b-band inserts and if you need another one because you've lost it, you will be at the mercy of whatever DirecTV decides to do to help ya out!

Please explain why it should be attached now, is it just so you dont lose it? Please, more information. I have H20 with 3lnb only and i didnt use mine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts