B Sat poor signal, what can I do

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
I am having many dropouts or digital tearing on HDnet. I go to the signal strength and I am getting from42 to 50. My A And C Sat are solid 80 or above. I don’t get this type of dropout on any other channels. I was wondering if there is something I can do to remedy this. I live in Portland Oregon and was wondering if this is common in my region. I friend of mine has the same problem with HDnet

It is your tilt.

You need to go out and adjust the dish and use the tilt and elevation that the reciever setup or directv website says.

I would guess that right now your elevation is a couple degrees high and your tilt is closer to 90 than it should be.

HBO HD, HdNet both use the 119 sat B. Since your tilt is off and SAT B is the last one down on the line, the incorrect alignment is causing the signal to be bad. A slight movement in the tilt and elevation should give you good results.

Yeah, remounted today on that far end of the garage, get 95 on all three sats. I had the tilt way off initially. When i tuned for middle ground betwen A and C B was at 0.

Combonation of a clearler LOS as well as exact tilt / elevation readings got me great signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts