B&W Bowers and Wilkins

I've had my B&W "DM-602's and CC6-S2 (Center Speaker) for about 13 years or so. I have had Kipsch, Polk and a few other lower price Speakers.
Very Satisfied with the Quality and Sound from the B&W's !

images%5CphotoItem%5C602_Black_Stand_Spec.jpg

market_224_29375_1.jpg

Attachments

• 76572578_72550b6a1c_o.jpg
    76572578_72550b6a1c_o.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
i am in st louis. not new york but not the middel of the sticks. there is nowhere in all of missouri to hear these speakers. i saw the nautils line in a magazine a long time ago and thought they were awsome looking, would love to hear them. but then again, it might look foolish to have speakers more costly then my car!!! lol

The Natilus look like something from a bad sci-fi movie, I have never heard them though, the local distributor does have the 800 series and they run around 8,000 at least that is for the pair LOL.... I do admit they sound amazing but that is a little to rich for my blood. The CM series that I am looking at would come out to almost 3,600 minus the sub.

CM7_l2_w817_h328.jpg

I just bought my CMs, for $3560 I got the front two CM7s two CM1s for the rear, the CM center
and two stands. for the CM1s that includes tax. But they had to order them hopefully they will be in Monday

wow! nice, alot of money but i think you have a great set! good for you.
the $8000 for the 800 series, was that for the 5 speaker ? i thought it was just for the towers. do you need a stand alone sub with yours, or with that good of a set can you get buy without one

opps, just read you post again, so you are still going to get the sub. hope your walls are thick! lol

The 800s I heard were $8000 for just the front towers. I had just purchased a sub a couple of months ago, I am gonna use that one for now, I think I will get one of the 600 series subs from B&W so I have a completely matching set later on, have to save up some more money. The CM7 towers do put out a lot of base, for music you really dont need a sub at all but for movies they never hurt

Has anyone purchased Bowers and Wilkins speakers, I have been looking at the CM series. just intrested if anyone has any comments on them

Are those cones made out of Kevlar? I listened to a pair of B&W in-walls a year ago. I wasn't impressed. I bet the floorstanders and bookshelves are much better though.

dantheman77, try these two dealers

Best Sound
227 N. Lindbergh Blvd,
St. Louis,
Missouri 63141
Tel: (314) 997-7644
Fax: (314) 997-4550
Email:
Web:

Ranges stocked
800 Series
700 Series
CM Series
600 Series
XT Series
FPM Series
VM Series
Mini Theatre
LM Series
Active Subwoofer Series
Custom Series

The Sound Room
11641 Olive St,
St. Louis,
Missouri 63141
Tel: (314) 997-3456
Fax: (314) 997-5207
Email: thesoundroom@msn.com
Web: The Sound Room - HD Television, Home Theaters & Audio Components

Ranges stocked
800 Series
700 Series
CM Series
XT Series
FPM Series
VM Series
Mini Theatre
LM Series
Active Subwoofer Series
Custom Series

hey thanks!!! i know of both places. i went to B&W web site. did a serch there and it came up empty for dealers in missouri. more then likely i messed something up. well thanks again, you made my plans for saturday!

A buddy of mine from work lent me his SACD of Dark Side of the Moon, it was amazing, now I wish I could get everything in SACD
Not to hijack this thread, but I'm on a mission to do just that! It all started with Dark Side. I have added others and am about to spend a bunch on more. Come to think of it - I'll start that thread! I sorta already did a couple of months back. Maybe I'll just resurrect that one. Stay tuned...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts