Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Brought the Pansat 2500a and small TV outside today. Baby-C has been planted for a while now, but this was my first chance to mess with it. For those who don't know, "Baby-C" is a 5ft solid prime focus C-band dish, I rescued from being scrapped earlier this summer. It's final spot will be W5, for the Skyvision DSR-410 system. Signal was decent for the size...around 40% on the TBN mux. I chose G-14 because this dish was originally for a Radio-Shack G5 system and the elevation was still very close! :D:up

Attachments

• BabyCG14 004.JPG
    BabyCG14 004.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 294
  • BabyCG14 008.JPG
    BabyCG14 008.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 268
  • BabyCG14 005.JPG
    BabyCG14 005.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 271
That's Smile of a child channel.My daughter watch that a lot.But why does it show 48%quality?Mine gets like 72%quality so maybe you need to do some adjusting.And why are you going to be on W5 only while you have a Pansat.I suggest you explore the Fta world maybe you'll like that one better.If you aim at W5 only you'll have no use for your Pansat.

What are those things on the front of your tv, are those KNOBS? I heard about those, something to to with changing channels on antique tv sets. ha.

That's Smile of a child channel.My daughter watch that a lot.But why does it show 48%quality?Mine gets like 72%quality so maybe you need to do some adjusting.And why are you going to be on W5 only while you have a Pansat.I suggest you explore the Fta world maybe you'll like that one better.If you aim at W5 only you'll have no use for your Pansat.
It's a 5 foot dish. I find quality in the 40's to be quite acceptable for C-band on a dish this size. That Pansat is just for testing/peaking. I have receivers in my system in the house, for just about every type of signal up there. There will be a DSR-410 connected to the 5ft for subscription service on W5. I also have 4 offset ku dishes and a 10- and 7.5 footer for C band. I just wanted to make sure the little thing works.

Brought the Pansat 2500a and small TV outside today. Baby-C has been planted for a while now, but this was my first chance to mess with it. For those who don't know, "Baby-C" is a 5ft solid prime focus C-band dish, I rescued from being scrapped earlier this summer. It's final spot will be W5, for the Skyvision DSR-410 system. Signal was decent for the size...around 40% on the TBN mux. I chose G-14 because this dish was originally for a Radio-Shack G5 system and the elevation was still very close! :D:up

Looking good! :up Wish i could but up some more dishes but i have a wife that thinks that my 6 foot dish would look better faceing down on a mast over a patio table :)

very nice setup :)

I got a receiver just like that (clone).....oh btw thats not a 2500....thats a knockoff. The 2500 looks like the 1500 I have but had AC-3 output and s-video...the face is different

Here is a pic of my 1500 (the top is an old analog receiver)

Attachments

• IM000234.JPG
    IM000234.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 161
very nice setup :)

I got a receiver just like that (clone).....oh btw thats not a 2500....thats a knockoff. The 2500 looks like the 1500 I have but had AC-3 output and s-video...the face is different

Here is a pic of my 1500 (the top is an old analog receiver)

Yeah, Ice ...it says Pansat 2500a on it but, after I saw the "real" Pansat I knew it was a fake...(I think it's better looking than the real one though) It was my first FTA box and still works perfectly. I do believe that "Baby-C" will do OK on W5! I need another DSR-410 now though, mine has died of lithium battery failure.

Way Cool :) If your getting in the 40's on G5 with a Pansat, you'll probably get in the 60's on the DSR-410 on W5. The 6 foot system I put up for a client last year got in the low 70's so a 5 foot should pull off 60's. Play with the feedhorn focal point and centering to achieve maximum gain on target bird and null on adjacent s. Very critical on small dishes at 2 degree spacing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.