BabyFirst TV switch to BabyTV. Anyone know what happend?

aaronwt6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 13, 2010
SE Georgia
Hey everyone. Probably not alot of people that sub to this but I thought I would see if anyone's got some info for us. Our little 11 month old just loves BabyFirst TV on channel 126. My wife got up this morning and turned it on only to find that its been replaced with some FOX owned station called BabyTV. Programming sucks and the little one isn't happy about it either. I'm hoping maybe that its a contract dispute and will return but with the replacement channel already up I have my doubts. Any additonal info would be appreciated if someone knows whats up.

Thanks,

Aaron

Yes sir. Switched us on the spot and never said a word. The channel is a $5 add on to any package. Was watching it last night before I put the kid to bed at 8:30. Wife turned it on this morning around 9:00 to watch one of his favorite shows and it was gone.

I thought is was odd too that they changed nothing on the uplink or name. Therefore no mention of it in the uplink report. Its almost like they thought they could just pull a fast one and nobody would notice. Oh well, I've already canceled it on my sub. The new channel is worthless as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Dear BabyFirst friends and Family,

We want to start by thanking you, our loyal and beloved viewers for all your support - we truly appreciate it.

We are working hard to bring BabyFirstTV back to you on Dish as soon as possible, likely on a different channel number.

I will keep you updated - Expect good news!

Thanks Flower Blossom. I have dropped the extra payment to dish for now on the 'substitute channel'. I'd gladly re-instate though should the channel return. I bet my 11 month old would be glad to pay for the channel himself. lol

Nah, it will just prepare him for what to expect as a future subscriber to Dish......:D

Just noticed this myself (I was on night shift last night, just got up.) Do you all agree that the programming sucks? I haven't seen more than a fews minutes, myself. My son loved some of those shows, Harry the Bunny especially. I can't believe Dish does this stuff without notifying its customers. What a joke of a company.

I noticed this problem this morning also. I have twins, my son LOVES baby first tv and my daughter could care less. I contacted Dish via chat and they said they had no knowledge of the channel changing, and that it must have been the channel provider that changed it which doesn't make any sense. I sent an email to them also because I don't accept the answer they gave me but have not heard back yet. I went to babytv.com and noticed it is a fox station, maybe this has to do with Dish networks fox negotiations. Flower Blossom: tell me babyfirst will be back on soon!! My son is likely to go through withdrawl soon!

We continually strive to have the best channels in our line up for customers and we want to deliver world-renowned content designed for babies and young children. BabyTV is replacing Baby First TV in order to provide a great alternative to our available a la carte programming line-up. With BabyTV you will continue to see great original baby focused programming like Grandpa’s Gallery, Mr. Snail, Pim & Pimba and Emma’s Theatre.

Now I know why I did not want to be a father. Get your BABYS away from the frckin'TV.!! If this is modern parenthood, we're in trouble. Both networks should not exist, IMO.

Since they're a la carte, why not put them both up and let the market decide which is best?

MY 14 mo old says no to the change, so I've cancelled this imposter. My wife is annoyed with Dish for making this change w/o notifying anyone about it, and is ready to cancel Dish as well because of it. If they had made the swap to Sprout things might be different, but this imposter is no match for the original in our opinion, especially in the opinion of the one who really counts.

Last edited:
Yep. I am in agreement with everyone. Canceled ours and my in-laws. No point in having something our son isn't going to watch. Also, a note to KAB. I understand where you are coming from completely and agree that a young child doesn't need to watch too much TV. Do keep in mind though that the Babyfirst channel we are missing shows all types of educational programming and encourages interaction between the child and the parents. This isn't just more typical cartoon type stuff.

We continually strive to have the best channels in our line up for customers and we want to deliver world-renowned content designed for babies and young children. BabyTV is replacing Baby First TV in order to provide a great alternative to our available a la carte programming line-up. With BabyTV you will continue to see great original baby focused programming like Grandpa’s Gallery, Mr. Snail, Pim & Pimba and Emma’s Theatre.

Continually strive to suck!!!!!!!!!!! And pull channels! Where is ABCHD channels, Where is HDRSN's? Come on get that dish network ass kissing crap out of here! Come back with some real answers! If you cared about programming this stuff would not happen. Yes every provider does get into its spats with other providers from time to time, but with dish network its almost a daily occurrence. We have allready established that BabyTV's programming is nothing like what Baby First TV's programming is. Now if you substituted it with Sprout, then we would be talking as nothing beats Sprout. Dish Network is all about doing things as cheaply with the cheapest programming possible.

If you want a serious provider who's going to seriously provide you with the programming you want, Dish isnt going to do it. I have to say the only way to get the programming you want is to switch providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)