Back after several years-Looking into Dish again

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Hi all:
I haven't posted in probably at least 2-3 years, since I was into Free To Air Satellite-I was in those Forums a lot. I may be at the end of my Directv commitment. (Will be checking for sure soon.). I had been with Time Warner and earlier with Dish, probably as much as 10 years ago. I'd like to get the 3 year price guarantee on the highest package Which for me would be $74.99 a month plus some fees.

The last time I was with Dish, It was long before Hoppers and Joeys, etc.I have a few questions about the receivers. I'd like to have an HD Hopper and a couple of smaller receivers in two bedrooms. I can figure out the $7 additional receiver fees, but what confuses me a little is what they call DVR Service for $10 and a "Hopper-Smart DVR Service" for $15 more..Is that two separate charges or is one folded into the other?. Am paying around 144 a month for Directv now..I hope that's enough information to go on..

One other quick question. I see in my Local package (Cleveland, Ohio) for my zip code in Canton, Ohio that ROOT Sports Pittsburgh is one of the regional sports networks I supposedly receive. Those that get Cleveland locals..Does that include Pittsburgh Pirates games?..Thanks for any info and its good to be back around..

Each Hopper = $15
Each Joey = $7

It's really that simple, ignore the confusing labels over "DVR Fee" vs "Hopper Fee."

Your equipment charges would be $29. $15 for the Hopper and $14 for 2 Joeys. Give it a few days so you can get in on the new Hopper 3. It will be worth it!

Yep. Hopper 3 is probably best for you, and we should know it's release date by the end of the week. You MIGHT get it installed in the next couple of weeks, if that's what you want.

Sorry, I know nothing of RSNs.

From what little I see of the Hopper 3, it seems quite complicated. As far as The RSN Root Sports Pittsburgh, I don't think I would get The Pirates, but The Penguins used to claim Canton/Stark County as their territory before Columbus came into the NHL..That would be the only reason to carry Root Sports Pittsburgh which Dish didn't carry in Cleveland locals last time I had Dish. Be nice to get The Pirates only because it would be more Baseball..

From what little I see of the Hopper 3, it seems quite complicated. As far as The RSN Root Sports Pittsburgh, I don't think I would get The Pirates, but The Penguins used to claim Canton/Stark County as their territory before Columbus came into the NHL..That would be the only reason to carry Root Sports Pittsburgh which Dish didn't carry in Cleveland locals last time I had Dish. Be nice to get The Pirates only because it would be more Baseball..

Really not complicated at all. You may just be overwhelmed with all the features it offers. I wouldn't worry about it. If you have questions you just come here.

Reactions: bmetelsky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)