Back in the game

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
Was kind of out of the game for a bit due to relocating, but excited to be back. Was just curious if there is much HD going on up there.

Considering getting an HD receiver but not sure if it's worth it. Definitely want a new receiver though, preferably one with DVR since the old Coolsat 6000 doesn't have that or HD.

:welcome back!
Plenty still up there and plenty HD. :)

Welcome back into the hobby. There are a couple of threads floating around here about the current crop of receivers. The pickens are kind of slim at the moment, but there are a couple that appear to be good candidates. Someone with better memory than me, will chime in with the make and model numbers.

Even non-HD channels are coming online in MPEG4 and/or DVB-S2 these days. There's no reason whatsoever to buy a non-HD receiver.

At this time I will recommend the Linkbox 9000 HD (FTA tuner) or the Linkbox 9000 Local which has dual tuners, FTA and ATSC (over the air) tuner. IIRR, you can record either.
http://hypermegasat.com/ has them.
BTW, got a BUD? If so, there's a LOT more.

Phpinfo,this is rough but it will give you an idea:
I just checked on my 9000i.It has a separate Channel Listing for HD channels.C AND Ku ...from 55W to 127W. I quickly counted thru the English,full time channels...not feeds.
English channels in HD Some where over 120..I lost count ;)

Keep in mind that most of these are on C Band.

Thanks. Will look at the Linkbox. Any others to check out?

Unfortunately not going to be able to put up the 10 footer for awhile. So will be doing Ku for now.

Amiko mini HDSE, but hard to find. They sold out fast.
Manhattan Digital RS-1933, NLA
May luck out with ebay or in the classifieds here.

Manhattan and LinkBox 9k seem to be the best bet these days.
Computer cards/USB devices are getting more popular too but more complex... Great if you are a bit of a computer guru.

Got the Linkbox 9000i. Been playing with it for awhile and really liking it. Nice upgrade from the Coolsat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts