Back to the sat after 10yrs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike_mcs

Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
NJ
I have not uses my old 10' dish in as many years, last time was during the LA riots watching the feeds. But I recently received a new 10' setup still in the box never used.

Uniden SQ 590
10' Orbitron Dish
Astrotel PM-93-C/KU feed horn (C=17deg K=.5)
Vonwise Actuator
Horizon to Horizon mount

My question is, is there life on these bands with an analog receiver or has everything gone digital?

I was thinking of setting it up with the receiver I have (Uniden) and use it to set my arc then buy an FTA receiver this summer.

FTA is new to me but I'm in the computer business and electronics has always been a passion so I think I'd get the hang of it quickly.

Thanks for any feed back.
Mike

Wow h-h mount nice, you are pretty much ready to go, I would follow the forums a bit, see whats what, see what you will need to slave ask all the questions and get your self ready for the new Geosat receiver coming out :) grab that and your are good to go.

Dish still move? check to make sure the very few analog stations are still coming in, so you know your lnb is good and that you are still on the arc.

My estimate:99% digital. I haven't turned on an analog receiver in 2.5+ years.
Here's a fairly recent thread listing analog channels. http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/237933-no-analog-channels.html
If the receiver has the VCII board in it, might as well remove it. It's only a load on the power supply, and the battery in it is either about to die or is dead. No sense having it leak an kill the receiver.
TheList! has info for what's up their in digital. Not all, but a good bit. (link is on every page top here) Another good reference is: global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html
BTW: nice dish. And :welcome

Welcome Mike-Mcs,
You are going to find a ton or two of info on this forum and about that many people that will help you. You also have a nice package to start with. I like my 8 ft orbitron. It has been a good Beautiful Useful Device.
Enjoy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts