Backfeed from H-20 with diplexer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tech007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
California
As far as I know diplexer cannot be used to combine OTA signals with new Ka/Ku dish signals. Now can I use diplexer to use same cable for H-20 receiver and a backfeed to or from another TV? Thanks. I am not sure which frequencies are used for backfeed to other TVs.

As far as I know diplexer cannot be used to combine OTA signals with new Ka/Ku dish signals. Now can I use diplexer to use same cable for H-20 receiver and a backfeed to or from another TV? Thanks. I am not sure which frequencies are used for backfeed to other TVs.

No diplexer can be use once your using signal from the 99 and 103, if they are not being used , you are ok to do it. but when the 99 and 103 are active in your area you will have to chnge the set up.

Not sure I am understanding therest of your question, what type of signal are you trying to back feed?

Jimbo

Just FYI it isn't sats 99 and 103 which are the problem. The new satellites DirecTV 10 and 11 to be launched next year will use Ka-lo which overlaps the OTA frequencies. Right now a diplexing setup will work but as soon as DirecTV 10 starts transmitting things will go wrong.

Tech 007 - are you trying to backfeed a single channel via a modulator?

I only can use single cable that is already run through the walls. Right now it is used to backfeed a picture from TIVO to TV sets in room 1 and room 2. TIVO is located in room 1. So TV #2 will only show what is showing on TV#1. Now I need to put H20 receiver in room 2. I cannot run a second line so I have to use existing line for H20. Just wondering if its possible still to have that backfeed from old TIVO through the same line. My understanding is backfeed just an analog picture and shouldnt interfere with HD signals from satellite. But I might be wrong.

In theory this could be made to work, what frequency are you backfeeding at - i.e.what channel do you tune your TV to to get the backfeed? If it's a VHF-lo channel, like channel 3, I think this is below the Ka-lo band which the new satellites DirecTV 10 and 11 will use when they start transmitting in 2007. The only problem is you can't use a diplexer because it will not pass the Ka-lo signals to the sat receiver. You would need a special type of diplexer, a signal inserter that just passed VHF-lo on one leg and broadband 250Mhz and above on the other leg (and also passed power on that leg). Not sure whether such a device exists. I think it would be like a "jointenna" for channel 3 but with broadband on the other leg, and power-passing.

You need someone with expert knowledge on this...maybe someone here can comment...

RF TV Transmitter

I only can use single cable that is already run through the walls. Right now it is used to backfeed a picture from TIVO to TV sets in room 1 and room 2. TIVO is located in room 1. So TV #2 will only show what is showing on TV#1. Now I need to put H20 receiver in room 2. I cannot run a second line so I have to use existing line for H20. Just wondering if its possible still to have that backfeed from old TIVO through the same line. My understanding is backfeed just an analog picture and shouldnt interfere with HD signals from satellite. But I might be wrong.
I have a channel three or four RF transmitter I got from Radio Shack a few years back it sends a short range TV signal to a reciever in the other end of the house. But it is only 480p There maybe something better out there now I paid 100 for it They use it alot for wireless cameras only have a range of 150 feet can not be used if those two channels are used in your area It saved me from having to go threw two concert walls

Yes, I forgot to mention the option of using a wireless video sender. The quality is pretty variable and some of them are very prone to interference but if it's the only option you have......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)