backfeeding tv2 and cable

rbsixpak

Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
nc
Can any1 please tell me how to diplex cable and tv2 signal, i have seen several threads saying that its possible. I have tried every configuration to no avail.

You can't diplex cable and TV2's output signal. You can COMBINE them if there is open channels on the cable system. You will have to find out if the cable company has unused channels on their system, then you will have to select an unused cable channel in the menu of your DISH receiver. Using a splitter in reverse as a combiner connect the output of the dish receiver and the cable co.

Also,make sure you are not backfeeding into the cable system (they should have a filter that can be put on if they don't have one on already)

Try this thread

You may need a notch filter or a low pass filter depending on your cable system and what channels you want to keep. In my system, I put a low pass filter on my analog cable feed (right before the combiner) that blocks all channels over 80 (or thereabouts - I can't remember for sure) and I modulate TV2 from my 622 to channel 94, then combine both feeds and distribute to the rest of the TVs in the house. Did you want to feed more then one TV? If so, I would suggest a powered combiner (distribution) like those available from Channel Plus or Channel Vision (see the above referenced thread).

Thanks for all ur advice, im a dns installer so i was looking for a quick fix when i run into a costomer wanting to keep there cable. Doesnt look like there is one.

If this is a new install of cable, like I had, I just told the installer what I wanted to do (only getting basic and HSI) and he put a filter on for me and I insert my channel on 73.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts