Dish and Fox SW HD

gmcgown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
Fort Worth
Our friends subscribing to DirecTV are receiving Fox SW in HD. Does anyone know if Dish has plans to offer this to Dish subscribers as part of the HD package? My wife, an ardent Ranger fan, is smirking at me about this.

This is also the next HD channel that I'd like to see added to E*. Of course, they probably wouldn't add it to their base HD pack. I'd have to subscribe to a metal pack. :(

Anyway, Time Warner in Houston has this channel. And I had no idea that D* had this channel. So, this is one that E* needs to add soon.

Last edited:
The metal packs include your regional sports channels. In my area that includes Fox SPorts Bay Area and Comcast Sports West. Just not the HD feed yet. Maybe in the fall.

S~

Last edited:
ChetK said:
Can anyone confirm that the HD metal packages do NOT include the FOX Sports channels? If they are included, which package? Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum?

America's Top 60 = Bronze
America's Top 120 = Silver
America's Top 180 = Gold

Hint:
One of these does NOT have regional sports and two of them do have regional sports.

Yeah this is one I would like to see with college football just around the corner. :)

Fox sports net does not do college football in HD so that wouldn't matter anyways

I disagree that it wouldn't matter, SD stuff tends to look better on the HD channels. And with Fox getting the BCS for the next couple years, I'd be surprised if some of their bigger matchups don't start getting broadcast in HD.

I was watching the Rockies game the other night and they were advertising the game on DTV in HD. I hope they will get it soon, the picture is sooooo much better in HD

LASooner said:
I disagree that it wouldn't matter, SD stuff tends to look better on the HD channels. And with Fox getting the BCS for the next couple years, I'd be surprised if some of their bigger matchups don't start getting broadcast in HD.

Its a matter of logistics...

During the College Football season, FOX is using its HD resources to do as many NFL games a week that it can. By the time the BCS comes around, its the end of the Football season so there is less of a burden for those HD resources, so they can cover the BCS games.

Same argument for why ESPN doesn't do more college basketball games in HD prior to January... or more NBA games in HD prior to January. Its using all its HD resources to do 2-3 national college football games a week... or nearly all of its bowl games in HD.

They didn't stop buying HD equipment. There is more HD equipment being brought in to each network.

Also the networks all lease each other's equipment as well. When I went to the Holiday Bowl this year, the ESPN guys were using CBS's Gamecreek Patriot trucks to broadcast the game in HD. Many of the college stadiums are starting to use HD equipment and setting up the wiring as well, which allows the network guys to setup and teardown quicker. If the games are being played near a pro baseball or football facility there's little extra travel to do. I'm not saying that FSN will start broadcasting this season in HD, but as soon as next season or by the end of this season is completely feasible. Because as new equipment rolls in the older equipment will trickle down to the other live broadcasts. I'm hungry for it. :hungry:

gmcgown said:
Our friends subscribing to DirecTV are receiving Fox SW in HD. Does anyone know if Dish has plans to offer this to Dish subscribers as part of the HD package? My wife, an ardent Ranger fan, is smirking at me about this.

You can get that as an add on sports package All the Fox Sport Channels. If this is your only package then it is 12.95.

kfried001 said:
You can get that as an add on sports package All the Fox Sport Channels. If this is your only package then it is 12.95.
They announced the intent to add RSN HD starting this year. 11 RSN this year and more next year. I believe they announced this before DirecTv did, but DirecTv has managed to start adding these sooner.

kfried001 said:
Are you referring to E* or D*? If/When E* adds Fox Sports SW in HD, in theory, I should be able to add it for $12.95/month?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)