Bad acuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
my acuator was working fine untill now. It will move a little bit east, give me a no return pulse message then i conly only move it a little bit west, whats wrong?

75 feet of cat5e for ground and pulse and 18 guage for the motor
it moves a little bit west,(an inch) then gives me the N-R-P message, then i move it a little west and it does that, but thats normal ,isnce i am at the end of travel. But whats not normal is that i can only move it an inch out, so im going to ivenstigate this.
i

Cat5 mat be a little light. I use "Sprinkler" control or Thermostat wire, available at your local "Home Improvement" store.
Did you open the Motor Cover to see if the Reed Sensor or Magnet were loose?

My opinion is that you need to buy the right type cable, Cat5 was not designed for this function and you'll probably only have intermittent problems. You had a previous thread on using Cat5 and a problem with the actuator, you really need to buy a new actuator and get the correct cable because otherwise this will be an ongoing problem. The BUDs at times can be a real pain in the backside and you don't need to create extra problems especially with questionable components. Unless you enjoy the extra work troubleshooting.

cable

i bought some cheap speaker wire to run the polorizer and motor. I want to get some good burial stuff. You can get satellite ribbon cable, but it comes with 2 rg-6 cables, i already have rg-6 out there. So where can you buy satellite ribbon cable without the lnb cables?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)