Bad customer service in India

vmerickson

Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
North Carolina
I have never been so upset at the treatment I received on a discrepancy with Dish Network when I signed up for their 19.99 promotional. After with great difficulty trying to make clear what I was getting signed up for, I clarified and repeated my needs to the customer service agent. I had the agent repeat the conditons back to me numerous times. I then was told that my service did not include a local fee charge for local channels. I would need to pay an extra 5.00 for that service. This was after a great deal of long winded written terminology and a continual ending each correspondent with, no problem mam. I agreed to the additional fee and then was told of the installation charges on my first billing. I agreed again. I then ask the agent to repeat the conditions with the bottom line cost. The agent repeated and then I explained my brother was mentally challenged and lived out of another state, so we wanted certain pay for tv blocked, and that's why we didn't want him access to anything but what we sign up for. Once again, no problem mam. I told him this was a gift from me and my sister, so we would like to pay for the full year, since our brother lived out of state and could not make such a payment. Once again, no problem mam, once they get me signed up I could call the office and they would take the full payment and set up my restricitions. I clarified that again with the assurance, no problem mam! I ask for a confirmation and was told it would be sent, no confirmation of our agreement, no problem MaM! Upon receiving my first bill, I contacted the customer service number provided and received a call center, once again from India. No problem, I explained to the service rep that I wanted to pay for the full year, so I needed to know the final cost. The customer service rep came back with an entirely different monthly fee that I had agreed upon. I told the gentleman that was not the fee I had been promised. He disagreed but said he would talk to his supervisor. He gets back on the phone and tells me I am correct I would get the first promotional months fee for 24.99, however there would be a charge of $6.00 extra per month after the first 6 months. I said that fee had never been mentioned or part of my original agreement and I wanted it corrected. Once again he puts me on hold, comes back and says no that I would be paying that fee, there is nothing he can do. Initially, I was promised that if I paid for two years ahead that Dish would continue the year agreement (hmmm). I told him I wanted to know what country I was calling, assuming that he had a set speil to give and wanted to know if I should be contacting someone locally. He wouldn't tell me, so I said I need to speak with your supervisor to get this problem taken care of. A lady supervisor comes on the phone and proceeds to give me the same speil as the customer service rep. I told her that was not the original agreement and I considered the matter to be a bit deceptive, and that I was not going to accept her offer until I get the issue resolved. She continually kept repeating the same speech of this is what you owe and there is nothing she was willing to do about it. I knew that I had not contracted for what she was insisting, very rudely, that I accept. I then ask to speak to another supervisor. She would not give me her name, spoke in an extremely rude manner, and then hung up on me. I have never received such service from a customer rep, especially from a supervisor. Actually, I have never written or had to call about anything until this incident. I decided to call a local Dish service. Needless to say I was upset but in control. I want to commend the young man from Colorado who kindly listened to my problem, understood my needs, diffused my manner, and resolved the issue with all the ways I would have expected. He even gave me the complaint site that I should go to to submit a complaint about the individual supervisor that had done an extremely poor job at customer treatment. I have submitted a complaint, however since she would not give me her name, I am not sure if she will even be addressed. The young man did tell me that I could request to speak to an English speaking service rep anytime I was having difficulty understanding or being understood. I thought that I pass this along. For those who are naive like me, First make sure you write and get confirmation and the names of who you are dealing with. Never stop at one person. Let corporate be aware of these issues. The more I have to deal with out of country service reps the more frustrated I am becoming, the language barrier and the fact that they are given a written script that prevents the reps from any deviation once off their script (can't really help you) is a serious problem that I am hearing from any of my friends that also have had similar issues. Be aware Dish Network has many hidden costs that they just won't be upfront with you until you push the issue, or they will tell you once they've got you committed to the initial contract.
If it were for a US rep that worked with me and talked with me I would not have maintained the Dish service, I am keeping it for the year at the promotional fee they promised, Kudos to that young Colorado man, who knows what customer service really means.

1st use paragraphs.

2nd....feel bad that u have a bad experience with India...(although dont know how u know its from India).

3rd....abt talking to a rep who talks English...maybe its time u talk English also..since I never had any problem understanding Indian English.

4th....if a Customer Service Rep have a script to follow...they can only help u as much as they can. They just cant go out of that script. I manage a group who r Level 2 tech...& they also have a "so called script" ie boundries that they cant step out off.

5th....have all ur contract in writing...otherwise its ur word against them.

6th....good to know that u were finally able to resolve ur issue.

Any regular or pay channels you want locked out needs to be done by you.

Man that's hard to read and comprehend. Guess my eyes are going.

I just quit reading. I'm sure it was interesting but it was making my head hurt.
To the OP, Your post was to garbled and to hard to read so I don't know what you said, but good luck to you with it.

In short terms the Indian guy Karpal did not help as good as all american guy named John Hancock did

This the main reason I left E* for my primary programing and then the increased reciever fees.

But this was the big one be it indians in america or indians over seas when they have such a thick accent they shold not be working in customer service unless they are doing forieng language support and speaking in there native language

This the main reason I left E* for my primary programing and then the increased reciever fees.

But this was the big one be it indians in america or indians over seas when they have such a thick accent they shold not be working in customer service
:up
Agree , You can't speak our language , so the American company you represent can understand you. Then E* should't hire these over seas clowns.

Keep the Americans working.

Agreed to hard to read, but I did get to the point where you mentioned the extra $6 a month after 6 months. That is for the in home protection plan, and you don't have to have it if you don't want to pay it. However I would recommend keeping it. The cost of a service call is $15, and it would cover pretty much everything in your system (except your TV) for that one charge if something where to happen. With out the service plan a tech visit is $95, and if they determine the failure was caused by an "act of God" (IE power surge, lightning, flood) then you will be paying for the equipment.

1st use paragraphs.

2nd....feel bad that u have a bad experience with India...(although dont know how u know its from India).

3rd....abt talking to a rep who talks English...maybe its time u talk English also..since I never had any problem understanding Indian English.

4th....if a Customer Service Rep have a script to follow...they can only help u as much as they can. They just cant go out of that script. I manage a group who r Level 2 tech...& they also have a "so called script" ie boundries that they cant step out off.

5th....have all ur contract in writing...otherwise its ur word against them.

6th....good to know that u were finally able to resolve ur issue.
First I have to say wow! You harpoon the original poster for not using paragraphs and a second round for what you perceive is her/him not speaking English all while your failing to use complete words such as "you" and "about" and "are" and using "have" when it should have been "has" and go on to say that you manage people...........simply priceless Mr Pot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)