Bad Digital Audio Out?

lawman1627

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Rochester, NY
Out of the blue I have one station that has no sound, when I turn the volume up really loud I get faint sound, I switched out the digital cable and still have the same problem, tried a RCA cable and the sound is normal. I run my sat receiver to a tuner. I guess I am looking for opinions as to the chances the digital out from the sat receiver could be bad. When I use the TV audio from the sat receiver by HDMI the sound is normal. So its either a bad digital out on the sat receiver or could it be an issue with the stereo receiver? I don't want to but I could try a different stereo receiver and see what happens.

Last edited:
If your digital out works fine on every channel but one, the digital out is just fine. Now, the receiver itself might be having some issues with that one channel. Have you tried to unplug the sat receiver and then plug it back in to get the receiver to reset? If not, try that....

If your digital out works fine on every channel but one, the digital out is just fine. Now, the receiver itself might be having some issues with that one channel. Have you tried to unplug the sat receiver and then plug it back in to get the receiver to reset? If not, try that....

Thanks, ended up my kid must have hit the channel select button on my audio receiver, I know it wasn't from my wife cleaning as the dust us still there. Its just weird that all channels had sound except one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts