Bad hard drive

spoiler1041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Fl
My hard drive died and a new receiver is on the way but I no longer have service to the Joey. Is the hard drive needed for the Joey to function?

Try unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds then plug it back in. A banner w/ no picture is generally related to an authorization problem. Do you have a second Joey?

No, no second Joey and unplugging goes without saying. Are you saying that the bad hard drive Is not the problem? The Joey can operate with no hard drive working on hopper???

No, no second Joey and unplugging goes without saying. Are you saying that the bad hard drive Is not the problem?

Correct. The hard drive won't cause a black screen w/ banner issue. Let's run a check switch test from the Hopper itself. You can find this on Menu > Settings > Diagnostics > Point Dish > Check Switch. If it still continues after that, send me a PM with the account or phone # and I will see what further can be done.

I wonder if whatever may have caused the Hopper HDD to fail, might have also done more damage- to the Hopper, the Joey or other components.

Yep same thing with mine. Hard drive went out and the Joey would show only a black screen. So the video stream probably buffers through the hard drive. Bummer. Video works on the Hopper though. Should have my replacement in 2 days. Maybe I will get lucky and they will send me a Hopper w/Sling.