Bad Install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
I just had my D* installed and the guy ran 4 rg6 cables from the satellite to my house and everything is great.

My father just had D* installed and the install guy said the wires he had running from his single LNB Dish Network Satellite was sufficient enough and placed the D* satellite in its place and hooked up the TWO wires that were running off of it... Now he set up 4 rooms off these 2 wires and used splitters

Is this a sufficient enough install? My father said he was very quick and had the house setup in like 40 minutes total... I told him of course they did cause they shaved corners and didn't do an actual install more than likely.

If it is grounded and your father is getting all channels he is supposed to on all 4 receivers, I would say he got a fast but probably correct install. He probably has the 18" dish with a 3 X 4 multiswitch located at the end of the two cables. You probably have a phase 3 oval dish with the multiswitch built into the dish.

I am calling D* to have them fix this I now have seen the install and they left an ungrounded multiswitch laying on dry grass...

Heres the install

install1.jpg
Satellite on Garage with 2 wires coming off

install2.jpg
non secured wires (wires ran thru air to house)

install3.jpg
wires hanging

install4.jpg
multiswitch ungrounded laying on ground

install5.jpg

install6.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words, that looks like about 6,000 describing a terrible install. It is worse than bad, your father has no signal from 110 or 119 satellites so he is probably missing a lot of channels especially if he has a Para Todos package.

i wouldn't even consider this a horrible install its worse then that .um if thats a 3lnb why would they have even installed a Multiswitch . let alone the wrong one for that setup .It seems that if your father has only 4 rooms setup then the dish is all one would need . It looks like the installer just didn't feel like running the extra 2 lines for your father.I don't even know how the installer thinks this would work mainly cause (YOU CANT SPLIT SATELLITE SIGNALS) . Thats why they invented multi switches .

I keep gettin the runaround from D* install support and can't get ahold of Bluegrass Satellite because of busy signals or infinite wait times in menu's...

Osha said they don't handle these claims because its a federal issue... Who do I contact?

Bluegrass was supposed to contact me yesterday concerning this matter, then I talked to someone finally after long holds and they said directv was wrong. I was not to contact them, because they can't fix anything until D* tells them to otherwise they won't get paid.

So they gave me a DirectV number to call... I FINALLY got a work order which they said they replaced the last one with and escalated it. They said Bluegrass would contact me this morning and it is now 11:34 and they still have not contacted me.

I emailed the guy listed above, Hopefully something will get done at least thru him. Thanks for your help guys.

This "job" (if you can really call it that) is horrible....cripes, I'm not an installer and I could do better...havent seen someone leave a 3x4 switch on the ground in a while

Also looks like the garage could use a paint job :):D

LOL indeed it could! That is one of the "to do's"

although we own a music store and about 88% of our time is spent there... the rest of the time is watchin football :) once football season ends it might move up the totem pole of things to do hehe

Iceberg said:
This "job" (if you can really call it that) is horrible....cripes, I'm not an installer and I could do better...havent seen someone leave a 3x4 switch on the ground in a while

Also looks like the garage could use a paint job :):D
another question is why did they even use a 3x4 multiswitch when its a triple lnb dish and the last time i checked (i might be wrong) they all have built in mulitswitch

Thank you for Ray's email he forwarded the email to the president of D* and their office contacted me they had 3 installers show up and not only fix the installs but get 100% satellite signal which I had NEVER seen before. Also they are throwing in an OTA antenna and hooked up a 4th room for my pops.

The president of Bluegrass contacted me also and it doing a walkthru inspection tomorrow morning after he has a meeting with all employees including the one who did my dads install.

The install now looks professional! (now to paint my dads garage heh)

That is awesome, once you can get past the middle man and go straight to the top things get a little better!

Alvarez said:
The president of Bluegrass contacted me also and it doing a walkthru inspection tomorrow morning after he has a meeting with all employees including the one who did my dads install.

The install now looks professional! (now to paint my dads garage heh)

Hey! Lets see some pics of the re-install. It'd be nice to see something done right :)

Man what a nightmare! You should post the photos of the corrected install since the prez of D* did his job. I am not an installer and my certs are long since expired but damn ... that looks like the work of Tim Taylor the Tool Man.

I will get pictures of the corrected install and post them... it was late and so dark I didn't get any last night.

slacker9876 said:
Man what a nightmare! You should post the photos of the corrected install since the prez of D* did his job. I am not an installer and my certs are long since expired but damn ... that looks like the work of Tim Taylor the Tool Man.
nah if tim the tool man did it the dish would have more power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts