new swm install can`t find signal

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
i`m trying to install new dish for a friend and having a hell of a time.let me explain.it`s a new dish and swm 3 lnb from solid signal and i`m using a tarcker lite meter.i can`t get a signal no matter what i try ,different lnbs different location and many hours of searching. i even took the dish to my house and tried it on my mount with my receiver and still can`t get it . i have a slimline dish at my house with 3lnb swm, i swapped out the dish and used my lnb ,nothing.i then noticed that the lnb arm is about 3/4 of an inch longer then the arm on my dish and the dish itself is slightly bigger in width and height, i`m thinking this is the problem and the focal point has to be different.my dish has slimline printed on it the new one does not.got any ideas?thanks for any help
20210913_171814.jpg
20210913_171820.jpg
20210913_171828.jpg

yes it is the same set up i`m using in my house now. i switched the dish and used the same lnb that is currently working . i can`t get a signal.i have set the elevation and tilt to the same as on my working dish . i even tried using a non swm 4 output lnb with the signal meter and get no signal.i have been in the satellite game as a hobby since the c-band days , 30 years ago and have installed probably 40 to 50 dishes ,everything from c-band ,primestar ,alpha star dish ,orby you name it ,but i never had so much trouble as this. what could i be doing wrong?

Is it possible your signal meter has crapped out? I mean, given how much experience you have installing dishes it is probably not the usual simple fixes these things turn out to be for those who are inexperienced in aiming a dish.

not likely because i tried using the signal screen on the tv also and get nothing.like i said this dish is slightly different then the slimline i`m using now.

I'm sure you have checked all of the connections. How about running a temporary line from the dish just to be sure it's not a cabling issue.

Reactions: jct21
I'm sure you have checked all of the connections. How about running a temporary line from the dish just to be sure it's not a cabling issue.

i agree. running a temp line is a great idea. ive definitely had my share of cable/connection issues that were discovered by running a temp line.

well i finally got it.i used a non swm lnb and was able to get 101 and the rest was just fine tuning after i reattached the swm. i noticed alot of lag time on my signal meter with the swm connected , so i just had to slow down. the tracker lite is ok but not ideal when tuning hd . thanks for all the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)