new swm install can`t find signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
i`m trying to install new dish for a friend and having a hell of a time.let me explain.it`s a new dish and swm 3 lnb from solid signal and i`m using a tarcker lite meter.i can`t get a signal no matter what i try ,different lnbs different location and many hours of searching. i even took the dish to my house and tried it on my mount with my receiver and still can`t get it . i have a slimline dish at my house with 3lnb swm, i swapped out the dish and used my lnb ,nothing.i then noticed that the lnb arm is about 3/4 of an inch longer then the arm on my dish and the dish itself is slightly bigger in width and height, i`m thinking this is the problem and the focal point has to be different.my dish has slimline printed on it the new one does not.got any ideas?thanks for any help
20210913_171814.jpg
20210913_171820.jpg
20210913_171828.jpg

yes it is the same set up i`m using in my house now. i switched the dish and used the same lnb that is currently working . i can`t get a signal.i have set the elevation and tilt to the same as on my working dish . i even tried using a non swm 4 output lnb with the signal meter and get no signal.i have been in the satellite game as a hobby since the c-band days , 30 years ago and have installed probably 40 to 50 dishes ,everything from c-band ,primestar ,alpha star dish ,orby you name it ,but i never had so much trouble as this. what could i be doing wrong?

Is it possible your signal meter has crapped out? I mean, given how much experience you have installing dishes it is probably not the usual simple fixes these things turn out to be for those who are inexperienced in aiming a dish.

not likely because i tried using the signal screen on the tv also and get nothing.like i said this dish is slightly different then the slimline i`m using now.

I'm sure you have checked all of the connections. How about running a temporary line from the dish just to be sure it's not a cabling issue.

Reactions: jct21
I'm sure you have checked all of the connections. How about running a temporary line from the dish just to be sure it's not a cabling issue.

i agree. running a temp line is a great idea. ive definitely had my share of cable/connection issues that were discovered by running a temp line.

well i finally got it.i used a non swm lnb and was able to get 101 and the rest was just fine tuning after i reattached the swm. i noticed alot of lag time on my signal meter with the swm connected , so i just had to slow down. the tracker lite is ok but not ideal when tuning hd . thanks for all the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)