Bad LNB? Bad Receiver? What to check?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sam_gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Lexington, ky
I have a Dish 1k.2wa(?) pointing at 110, 119, 129. Two lines come into my basement, both go through diplexers out to two separate rooms, and hit diplexers again before feeding a Vip211 and a 612.

On the 211, Nick (I think Nick West) will more often than not severely break up. Lots of Macro blocking, and just bad pictures. I can tune the 612 to the same channel and it's clean. Changing channels on the 211 leaves the problem with Nick West (I can go to any other channel and it's clean, return to Nick West and it's bad).

The HDMI output of the 211 feeds a Sony AVR, and the AVR outputs HDMI to the Samsung TV.

I've eliminated the TV because other channels (and Xbox) are all clean. It's the same with the AVR. It seems strange to be a receiver thing. I (almost) eliminated the LNB because the 612 is fine.

I have power cycled the 211. This has been going on for a while, but I'm just now writing it up. I guess I can swap the feeds coming from the Dish, but anyone have other troubleshooting suggestions?

Might be a bad line, bad connector, bad seperator, bad diplexor, bad receiver... Many different options.

Move the 211 to the 612 location and see if it has the same problem. If not look for a cabling problem, if problem follows receiver the odds are very strong the tuner in the receiver has a problem.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)