Bad LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Amyndoug

Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Hi, I'm new here and am having some trouble. About a year ago I got Directv, I ordered from Value Electronics and got a good deal. Well now I think my LNB is going out. For no reason at all the receivers (both) will say searching for satelite on my local chanels. The 200 and up are fine it's just the locals that go out. So is this a bad LNB? There are no trees in the area or anything to block the signal. Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Could be a bad LNB. Do a transponder signal test and let us know the value of each transponder. BTW, do you have a round or elliptical dish?

-Robert

If it just started happening tonight, I also am having trouble with my locals. Getting Searching for signal just on that satellite. Also checked with my brother, he is also having the same problem.

Unfortunatly no, It has been going on now for what seems to be months, sometimes its really bad happens every night, and then it could be a week before it happens. My parents lives in the same town as I do and has DirecTV and doesn't have the same problem that I do, he hardly ever loses any signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)